Is there anyway to recreate Flightradar24 data playback in MSFS

Hello everyone,

I need some advice how can we recreate Flightradar24 playback data in MSFS? I am aware that this kind of features have been in X-Plane previously and have seen some users using data from Flightradar24 to recreate reallive flight crash etc to replicate or understand how the aircraft behave before the crashes.

I hope someone who have tried this before to share some info about it.

Thank you.

Now that would be really cool, I’m new here so not sure if you received an answer.

I have not got the answer but you have got me thinking.

I’m not even sure if it’s possible to record a flight in msfs 2020?

Record a flight is not possible yet as far as I know but, if it is possible to recreate the flight in MSFS from the data of Flightradar24 then that would be great to view the path of the flight before it involve in an accident. I hope someone who have tried this before in X-Plane would reply so we can get some picture how that is working in X-Plane.

FSLTL injects real world traffic into MSFS. https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/

Sorry, this is not regarding real world traffic. This is recreating a flight based on real world flight data.

I am sure it is possible. You can inject coordinates to a loaded aircraft and replay a flight.

It would be an expansion of something like what FSCharter does by repositioning a n aircraft at the exact location of the last flight.

I wrote a script that does the same thing. So if you had a list of coordinates you could essentially recreate the flight path, altitude speed and all.

You should be able to inject historical traffic data into MSFS using a combination of RealTraffic and PSXTraffic, if that is what you mean. But two caveats, its extremely expensive and data only goes back to 1 May 2020.

Realtraffic: rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com
PSXTraffic: https://www.lekseecon.nl

We have flight recording software and FR24 provides coordinates and speed data etc.
Technically it’s certainly possible to create a “record” file from the FR24 data to play it back in the sim.
But I’m not aware of any tool that does this right now. I guess the demand isn’t particularly high.

1 Like

I use the Flight Recorder app from flightsim.to. It saves about 57 flight parameters every few milliseconds to record and replay a flight (with only a few limitations). It has export capability to Excel CSV or KML flies. There is NO import capability. Maybe the developer could add some sort or import capability.

I have no idea what flight parameters are available from other apps such as ADRS-B. There may not be enough info available to import and playback Filghtradar24 or ADRS-B data. It might be easier to recreate a flight manually.

One capability of using Flight Recorder is that during replay various camera views can be used. I have also changed weather conditions to some extent. The Flight Recorder doesn’t record the weather but rather the impact of the weather on the aircraft. For example, a flight is recorded during storm turbulence, then a replay during calm weather still shows the aircraft flying in turbulence.

1 Like

Hello there,

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, peripherals, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.
1 Like

Could you please explain me more about the procedure to make it work in MSFS? As far as I know we can download KML or CSV file from Flightradar24 [if we have the subscription (sadly I don’t have it)] to get the details of path, altitude speed. So, that would be great if you could share abit more about the way to make it work. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply and that’s interesting. Ya, I just checked the subscription and it is really expensive. I think 8-9 months ago I have tried installing PSXTraffic just to give a try but uninstalled it back because of the subscription plans.

I just watched video below to understand the process:
(12) MSFS | REAL LIVE TRAFFIC | FULL SETUP TUTORIAL - YouTube

That would be interesting if there are some sort of free program/software that could inject the data from the CSV or KMS of Flightradar24 (only those who have subscription can download it) and replay it in MSFS.

@PacificSet90456

Maybe the developer could add some sort or import capability.

I agree with you. If that software has the import option then, I think the playback feature would work as expected.

I have no idea what flight parameters are available from other apps such as ADRS-B. There may not be enough info available to import and playback Filghtradar24 or ADRS-B data. It might be easier to recreate a flight manually.

Filghtradar24 has the option to download KMS or CSV file which has coordinates, altitude, speed and etc. data.

Ah, making it work! That is not a simple question to answer. It requires development of code. You would need to interface with the sim via SimConnect. The available options in terms of coding languages is up to you though.

There is no simple plug and play solutions out there for this. The simplest platform to start off on, that I have found and it is the one I use, is FSUIPC WebSocket. They handle the interface to SimConnect, you just gotta read or write to the variables. Still requires coding but it handles the SimConnect piece which requires C++ knowledge.

I see, I have zero knowledge on coding. On your previous reply you have mentioned:

I wrote a script that does the same thing. So if you had a list of coordinates you could essentially recreate the flight path, altitude speed and all.

So, I thought that you have some sort of ways to share so that I can try it.

I too am not a developer. I just mess around with JS and try to figure things out. I would love to learn C++ so I can interface directly with SimConnect.

1 Like

Hello,

Sky Dolly has flight track import capabilities, among them Flightradar24, both in CSV and KML formats.

There are a few limitations that I intend to fix in future iterations, among them:

• Limited „flight augmentation“ model, that is flaps, gears and bank angle etc. are recreated in a very naive manner for now
  • Aircraft may hover over ground or even sink below ground when at airports (this is due to „different reference points“ regarding altitude, simply put)

However basic path replay works. You can even immediately start a „formation flight“ by flying next to the imported „AI aircraft“, or import many diffferent take-offs and landings from various CSV / KML files (hint: use the „Import directory“ option“), in order to recreate „a busy day at my favourite airport“ (the import even has an optonal „timestamp synchronisation“ feature).

And of course you can export your own recorded flights into all those formats as well - including KML for Google Earth anf IGC (mostly used by gliders).

Sky Dolly is a free (open source) flight recorder / replay tool, including a location manager module with „cold & dark start“ support.

Read all about it here:

Disclaimer: I am the author of Sky Dolly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I will try it and see how it works. Thank you very much!

1 Like