Is there patch information tomorrow (24 September)?

Because install errors and CTDs are very complex problems (especially CTDs) it’s not like they can figure in just one or two days out why some (but not all) users are experiencing those problems.

I’ve been using the sim since Alpha version 1.4, and I have never had a problem downloading the sim itself, or installing any patches, and I have never had even one CTD. But some users have had both problems continuously.

Even a bug that effects every user like the missing slider to set controller sensitivity, may not be as simple to fix as it might appear. Every time a complex program like MSFS is modified, it runs the risk of creating new bugs. The whole reason there are so many problems in patch 2 is because Asobo didn’t spend enough time testing the changes before releasing it.

Rushing out a “quick” hotfix runs the very real risk of repeating the same mistake - missing new bugs because they do not have enough time to test the changes.

5 Likes

Mod note: To avoid potential confusion to those who skim thread titles I have edited the title and marked a solution

6 Likes

This is true, but is it this “broad array of systems” that has caused broken core content…ie missing sensitivity controls, A320 engine problem, 787 nose diving etc etc.

1 Like

Sorry but I am none the wiser. What am I missing. Is it a development update of a patch tomorrow?

How could we know that? We don’t know what caused those issues. We don’t know if every single copy of MSFS has those issues.

To the best of my knowledge (and I don’t speak for anyone here) there will be more information made available tomorrow in the weekly update from the MSFS team. I don’t read it as a patch being available tomorrow.

7 Likes

That is how I read it as well. I thought it was obvious, considering how Asobo communicates.

MS/AS’s terminology -

Update : New news
Patch : New software, whether it is better or worse

Ok thanks. I suppose it was too much to expect a patch addressing so much in just one week.

Why do we keep recycling these posts . It’s just a update for the update. I don’t like this cadence they have but whatever.
I wish they would talk more besides once a week but it is what it is.

How about some basic regression testing such as completing a short flight from gate to landing with a prop, turbo and jet - we all discovered the issues within minutes after install of patch, why didn’t they?

3 Likes

Asobo, PLEASE make your updates faster or do smaller updates, daily, until major issues are fixed. This every 2 weeks stuff is just killing the passion for this game. Not trying to sound like an impatient baby, but either Asobo is way in over their heads OR their update process is broken… because this is just not sustainable.

3 Likes

Hahaha this is so true to speak!

Ahhhhhhhh. The voice of reason.
Well said.

1 Like

Yeap, we need more of this here.

There is a stated workaround in the Known Issues for the A330 engine issue for example…

1 Like

They rushed out a release of a game. And then they rushed out the release of a patch, and then another patch. All available evidence seems to point to everything being rushed, so what’s one more rushed patch? You’re also assuming that they’d catch new bugs if they have “enough” time, which also seems contradictory to available evidence.

1 Like

The only evidence we have is that your only contribution to this forum is to spread FUD. Yeah we get it, you don’t like Asobo and MSFS, so unless you are some sort of masochist, maybe it’s time for you to move on?

5 Likes

I was under the impression they did an Alpha test for that. Guess they released it to get a larger crowd for the Beta test :stuck_out_tongue:

It is hard to see that anything more useful can be added to this thread with regards to the OP question.
To prevent wandering off topic I will close this thread for now.

8 Likes