Is there patch information tomorrow (24 September)?

Tomorrow will be release the next patch?
i saw in road map it says UPDATE

The way I understand it, they will talk about the next update/patch tomorrow.

" * Patch timeline – Expect an update on our next patch release in our 09.24 post."

3 Likes

Update when the patch maybe coming.

Kankkis

3 Likes

Next patch will probably be released next week, tommorow is a development update, they will announce some of the fixes/improvements and a release window.

2 Likes

Ahhh okok, thank you guys :wink:

Yeah, as before update does not equal patch. Not sure if a wording problem, or user interpretation problem.

Perhaps they should use a different word, but update is applicable for both situations, really.

1 Like

Yea tomorrow they’ll post more info on patch #3. I keep you guys updated in my thread. Feel free to ask questions.

2 Likes

Im still confused That Asobo use no hotfixes for showstopper bugs (install errors, ctds)

6 Likes

Update = Update the players on xyz.
Patch = Patch the software.

2 Likes

It is a wording problem that leads to a user interpretation problem. The wording problem is that Asobo’s development roadmap doesn’t say anything useful, and the resulting user interpretation problem is that everyone is guessing what they may or may not be doing.

8 Likes

Patch info tomorrow and release probably mid october.

always remember, asobo/ms loves announcements more than life itself.

6 Likes

In the absence of hotfix patches, what would be great is if Asobo themselves would publish accepted workarounds, if such a thing exists.

They seem to be leaving it to the community to work out that filling the centre tank on the A320 seems to mitigate the issue, or that text files can be manipulated to adjust controller sensitivity.

I accept they wish to keep to their patch release cadence, that only makes sense.

As far as Zendesk is concerned, not Asobo but still, I’ve not yet had a meaningful response from them yet, regarding any issue I have logged.

They either misunderstand my issue, or just close the ticket when a new patch is released.

For example, a while back, before patch #2 was released, I logged a ticket that compared the X-Plane response curve interface with that in MSFS, and that I could not configure a Beta, or Reverse point on the slope. This was closed when patch #2 was released, if memory serves, then I replied to re-open it, then they responded by stating that this was a new issue in patch #2, and is on the known issues list. I had to explain that this was nothing to do with the response curves being missing, but when they were there they were effectively useless for what I wanted to do i.e. configure the point where reverse thrust is engaged.

I think there may be some user training issues on their helpdesk, perhaps.

Sorry, didn’t mean for this to turn into a Zendesk rant. :wink:

I just dont understand why Asobo dont release Hotfixes…always make us waiting for the next patch…this is kinda ridiculous but ok…is the first company i see no release hotfixes…So if you have a problem with one patch you know you have to wait for the next patch to see your issue solved…this is just ridiculous and make no sense…for that reason exist Hotfix to fix ASAP the minimum problems…

11 Likes

I think the problem I see here is if they adopt this, and the very next hotfix that is released does not fix the issue that you personally have an issue with currently, you would still complain. Legitimately perhaps, but what you actually want is them to resolve the issue that bothers you most, yesterday.

You, and I, likely have different issues that we have focused on, and would only settle for a hotfix that addresses our particular beef.

The next round of posts on the feedback group would be along the lines “So when is MY hotfix being released!?”.

1 Like

So tomorrow they will say when theyll broke the a320 again…
i don’t envy gitub guys, i just have to thank them for their free work

3 Likes

There’s no way Asobo can check a patch across such a broad array of systems before release.

Yes, yes, I know. They have created the most complex piece of software in the history of software. It makes an operating system like Windows 10, or Facebook’s Hadoop cluster look like Mrs. Pac-Man. I agree that there’s no way that they could possibly QA it.

7 Likes

Lol not a bad summation. But such a complex piece of software spread across such an array of systems is bound to have bugs that take months to iron out. :wink:

@hobanagerik What you mention would just make too much sense. LOL.

In all seriousness, absolutely agree. They should manage a list of known issues and workarounds. Most people are patient as long as they know the issue is acknowledged, in the pipeline for work, and if a work around exists most people will be even more patient.

And no, I am not talking about a list with every single thing reported to zendesk. The big ones, as you mention.

2 Likes