Is there still no solution to the ATC losing sound during the flight?

For awhile it was working just fine… Then as of yesterday when I had an update the ATC now loses sound during the flight if I have my copilot responding… I noticed when I removed my navigraph data the ATC did not lose sound… Does anyone know what is actually causing this?

2 Likes

Whenever client demand for Azure ATC voice/text exceeds supply, one side of the conversation will be lost, whether it is AI co-pilot or using 2 radios to listen to ground and tower at the same time

1 Like

Yeah this guy’s right (as are others who noted the traffic congestion is a leading correlation).

After nearly 28 flights since the patch (and nearly 100 since SU9), the pattern is clear. It almost always happens when I transit New York, Washington, Oakland, or Los Angles ATRCCs. Sometimes in Chicago, Boston, or Atlanta. Almost never happens around other, less busy centers like Denver, Kansas City, Houston, Ft Worth, Mexico, Canada, or most of Europe. I’ve also noticed that peak hours are worse than non-peak.

I have noticed a possible solution if you want to call it that… So if I turn the ATC over to the co-pilot after I have been cleared to my cruise altitude it will work the rest of the flight… I have tested it a few times as well as a buddy of mine and it worked like that each time…

1 Like

That sounds like a workaround I could live with. I’ll give it a go! :slight_smile:

So it stopped working even with that but I was able to get it back… I am using the FBW A320 so I switched the ATC to COMM 2 in the ATC window… Then in the plane I switched to VHF 2. and it worked…

However I also went into my assistance settings in MSFS and completely turned off the AI controlling comm setting that way I manually have to assign it every flight and it worked from take off to landing for my 2 hour flight.

3 Likes

Well, so far, this is the best I’ve been able to do. I left KBOS en route to KATL, and passed through NY & Washington ARTCCs with no loss thus far. I’ve never been able to pull that off. Small price to pay if it works even 50% of the time!

I have a problem with the ATC sound. If I use loudspeakers I only hear the sounds of engines, switches, environment, but not ATC orders. With the headphones if I hear the ATC. I have tested the speakers with other programs and they work fine. Sometimes the ATC sounds through the speakers, but other times it doesn’t and I don’t see the reason. Does anyone know why it could be?

Especially if you have USB headphones or use the loudspeakers using an optical connection (SPDIF) check that you assign something else than “default device” in your sound settings.

In MSFS you have two settings to do so, one is for communication, the other for sounds. Set both to your soundcards loudspeaker device and you should be fine normally.

FWIW I’ve just this happened (yet again) whilst using the Cessna 414AW and the TDS GTN750xi, although it has happened with different aircraft types in the past.

I found that moving all the comms onto box 2 seemed to fix the problem and get the ATC voices back.

I just do the comms myself, and have never lost ATC. It’s a shame that I can’t hand comms to copilot, but at least I never lose comms. Hopefully it’ll be fixed in a few years…

2 Likes

my solution is that I shut down the game after each flight and restart if I want to fly again.
It is a bit troublesome because I have to wait for the game to reload but it really only takes about a couple of minutes.
I don’t turn on my co-pilot until I am ready for the pushback. So far my ATC has always been heard. It did go silent when I first played back to back flights. On my 2nd flight I was nearing to land and my ATC when silent but my co-pilot was still calling out the read backs so I did know what to do.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Sound cuts out from ATC using payware aircraft. there is something wrong with how MSFS prioritizes its sounds. If i use the PMDG or Fenix payware aircraft, the ATC sound cuts out of sim. you can no longer here the sound but only read the text speech in the atc menu. what i was told was this…there’s no fix for the sound cutting out, it’s due to sound priorities that MSFS puts on the package as a whole. The user aircraft (payware) requrires its sounds, the ai traffic (AIG or FSLTL) require its sounds. MSFS has something imbedded where it has reached its max capability. Something needs to be fixed on the MSFS site.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

dont have one

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

activate AI traffic at any airport

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

12700k, 2080ti, 32gb ram

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

There is a similar topic here:

Thank you! This solution is the only one that workec! Highly appreciated!

I have it too but not always. Sometimes ATC sound get lost short after take off and wont come back. I did not changed any settings and I tested if the sound was muted in cockpit but it was not. Extremely annoying and it completely destroys the immersion.

No that is not the problem. I did this way and the sound disappears nevertheless very often.

I guess you are right. Asobo knows, but they are not able to fix it or probably not willing. Anyway, it is completely frustrating and destroys the immersion.

3 Likes

Yes

Yes

Just make any flight and about 30 minutes into it, the ATC loses its voice. I still get text messages but need to watch for them. Only a game restart fixes it.