Is this a normal loading time or is my PC not configured correct?

My loading time for MSFS 2020 is more than two minutes from I click “Press any key to start”.
This is my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900 Processor
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix
RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
SSD: Corsair Force MP510 series NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 960GB
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E GAMING

Clean install on windows 10 PRO
I have the latest MSFS 1.8.3.0 update installed.

Any suggestions on speeding up the loading times?

Regards Thorben

Hi

Loading time is normal. It seems when you change location or aircraft the load time is around that time. Nothing wrong from what I see.

It’s not when I change location or aircraft, but just to load the sim.

I’m running a very similar configuration and get about the same initial load time from the ‘press any key’ page. Honestly, that whole process can be removed IMHO - once I open the application I want to be right at the home page while loading is done in the background during the whole intro credits/partners page (can’t remove that bit on MSFT Store unfortunately).

Please help!
After Press any key to start, MF2020 game is loading for ever while it was working fine. I repaired, reseted, re-installed. Still not working. Any advice?

It very much depends now on how many addons you have in your Community folder. Temporarily remove your Community folder and see how much quicker it loads vs having the Community folder in place. The long load time of the sim seems to be regarding the Community folder. My Official Folder is 100GB and loads within 2 minutes max (on NVMe.M2) but add my Community folder of 80GB and it can take over 5-7 minutes or longer to get to the Welcome page.

1 Like

Where you find the community folder? thanks

2 minutes is totally fine.

My P3D loads 12 minutes :rofl:

You are right. I have now removed the community folder (10GB) and it loads in just 1 minute.

I will rather do without the liveries in the community folder than having a slow loading time everytime.

Thank you.

Navigraph only here and it takes roughly 1 minute to load from “press any key”.

“Checking for updates” takes 10 to 20 seconds and Task Manager shows that my computer is sitting idle, so it’s really a big waste of time. I don’t recall taking this long to check for updates before patch 2, is this the case for you guys too?

I note that if I buy direct from ORBX it installs in the Community folder. If I buy from the Marketplace it installs in the Official folder (good reason to buy from Marketplace?)

Can files be moved from Community to Official at will?

Dave G