Is this game even playable now?

I had major problems loading into Seatac today, crashed every time, turns out it was def multiplayer related, there were about 30-40 peoples tags on the screen in the area. I sorted it out by turning off MP, but also worked when I went to generic plane models for MP. After things cleared up I didnt have much issue. Very frustrating though. Still was able to do a few good flights.

No issue on my side, worked pretty fine after every single patch, just had one CTD but again, it could very well be because of something other than the sim.
I did however have the VFR map CTD, but that was only a test to replicate it since I never use it, I feel that using it completely breaks immersion, I really prefer having Skyvector on the side and use it to find my way in the world (did that in fsx too, never liked having something that shows exactly where my plane is).
Performance have improved over time.
Worth mentioning I fly single props only, mainly the TBM 930 (did a 700nm flight with no issue) and the Carenado M20r (not a fan of glass cockpits).

I am almost finished with my recreation of a flight from Tarbes, France (where the TBM is built) to California, and a tour of the Caribbean in the M20r.

Have tested just a bit the Japan flight and perf were good, scenery beautiful.

YMMV, it seems every user is having a different experience.

At launch I had perf issues with my CPU being the limiter (ryzen 2600), now it got better and my GPU seem to do more heavy lifting than before (rtx 2070)

You have to test it to see how it goes for you…

1 Like

I am a little dissapointed. Patches 1 and 2 didn’t cause havoc on my sim expirience. I always kept the community folder empty during updates. Kept the drivers up to date. Had no problems downloading the patches. Survived the bug concerning the sensitivity settings. Flights with the Cessna 172 and 208 were pleasant. I could also cope with the problematic live weather functionality. After Patch 3 the sim presents itself in a complete other light. My AI Copilot quit his job. Unable to follow the flightplan. In the Cessna 172 I loose the avionics, they go black and finish and I did not enable the failure settings. The weather during all my flights is getting more interesting… in a way… I get hammered visually by lightnings in broad sunlight but alas no rain and where are the clouds? I feel like the game suffered from a graphic downgrade and yes I cleared shader cache and so on… newest driver. All graphic settings maxed out. For a time I can live with the map bug but I am not pleased with the loss of the AI controlled aircraft and the loss of avionics midst in flight. In my opinion this game goes in the wrong direction and is in decline - at the moment. I hope Asobo gets its act together. What is the greatest scenery for if I can’t fly in a constant and reliable way in a flight simulator? And… I did not pay for early access.

3 Likes

We all as Community need be together strongly!

If this fail (and is already failed in my opinion) all is over and can’t do nothing…

2 Likes

Try opening the VFR map!

1 Like

If you have read the patch notes, the first reaction to this error should be to let the VFR card open automatically. But you can also ignore patchnotes and be surprised. Known Issues - (Last modified: 9/29/2020)

2 Likes

Same experience.
Never crashed before Patch1.
But since, any sigle flys ending with CTD.
System is up to date and sim is stock.
6700k, 32gb, 1080gtx

I agree that after the 3rd patch the game is simply unrecognizable and it has become almost impossible to fly in it. Bugs, problems with the autopilot, problems with the behavior of aircraft, crashes to the desktop, the graphics have become worse. As for me, either completely incompetent people work on patches in Asobo, or they do it on purpose and purposefully.

1 Like

I still can’t get this sim to crash, what am I doing wrong? :thinking:

3 Likes

I am giving up for now - am really disappointed that I spent $120 on something I have believed in since the very first Flight Simulator! I have worked through several suggested “fixes” from the Zendesk with the same CTD results! Even a simple VFR flight of less than 40 minutes crashed when I was about 5 miles out on final. I agree with so many of the other posts - stop worrying about adding stuff and fix what you do have out!! On the positive side, the scenery and detail are just so much better on this than predecessors or XPlane!

Maybe you can post info,

what you really do with sim :slight_smile: To me only one thing that made CTD was load FLT (flight) with filled FPL but from 1.8.3.0 I can load flights (no FPL still there - BUG) and without CTD. Then I can say also, can’t init CTD now :slight_smile: Maybe you didn’t long flights…

No issues. Fly just about every night in some capacity. Mostly small planes/Bush trips/World Map hops & now Japan Tour with VFR map open on other monitor.

Doing South Pacific WW2 islands sight-seeing lately - interesting nostalgia.

Totally playable and enjoyable.

1 Like

Playable? I suppose that depends on your point of view. From reading the posts in the self help forum, it’s evident that the latest patch introduced a number of bugs rendering the game unplayable for many. For others, they can play the game, but core features are not functioning properly like the flight log. I’ll remain optimistic that the game will improve over time.

I’m sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. I suspect that English isn’t your first language so I genuinely admire your efforts at engaging in discussion in English , and it is indeed far better than my Slovenian, but perhaps a translator would be of benefit to you with more complex subjects. I believe @VeryOldPilot gave you a link to a good one on here earlier.

1 Like

The camera system is a show-stopper for me, I can’t use my saved view points without the viewpoint moving outside the cockpit or having to press it multiple times to get the proper viewing angle, zoom etc. Its such an annoyance, I did quit using FS2020 waiting for Asobo to finally fix this.

I`m not an idiot, I know that, BUT this issue should be an immediate hotfix, as anything that causes a CTD in a program or update is unacceptable. I was using sarcasm.

1 Like

I see that differently. It is a known bug > the bug can be worked around > no hotfix needed. Of course you have to read the patchnotes. But you should generally do that when an update comes.

1 Like

im flying since morning and had 0 crashes

2 Likes

I have always been positive, but that starts to change. A lot of planes have issues now. Mainly going up and down, left and right. Before that it was reasonably okay.

1 Like

I did read them, my point is a bug as serious as this one should be hotfixed as a priority, saying oh, theres a workaround use that till the next patch (when?) WOW. nuff said.