Is this simulator still an absolute mess?

I’ll add my experience. It’s incredible fun to use. Some glitches from time to time, but really a blast.
Mark

4 Likes

I was wondering why I was losing complete control of the aircraft when I clicked on the chronometer of the NAVLOG. After a while, I realized that the mouse focus completely supercedes all the controls when the mouse is on the NAVLOG. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the case before, it’s very annoying.

Works great for me. Hundreds of hours in, and I think I’ve only had one CTD? And that’s over two computer builds.

2 Likes

It does that when you open say the VFR map and drag it to a 2nd monitor, you’ll be in that window and notice you have to move the joystick or push a button etc, and you do but the focus is on the vfr window so nothing happens lol, it also does it with ATC window and probably any other window you drag off screen.

Thank you moderator for calling out on the trolls who doesn’t have anything useful to contribute but try to disrespect others who has legitimate issues in this forum. I’d like to happily update Microsoft/Asobo have solve the rain issues in real weather and the weather is fantastic now and accurate.

Still awaiting issues regarding lights on the terminal gates and airports ramp. Hopefully Asobo will be able to solve this on the next update. If it is hard to implement i suggest Asobo attach a lightsource on the side of the general airport terminal model like they did on some city buildings. That way it is easier to implement before fully implementing the ramp lights (lightpole). Also i notice some airport terminal in real life does have spotlights on the terminal sides anyway.

I’ve been having a great time especially since the VR update, and a GPU upgrade. I mainly fly GA though but am getting more interested in the business jets. No interest in the airliners. I do basic IFR as well.

1 Like

Thank you all for your inputs.

I will take the advice of one poster and delete the files and reinstall it fresh since its been months since I have been on. I loved this game, but there were some very dark days indeed as soon as the Japan update came out.

Specifically the black avionics screen and loss of navigation equipment at random. That was very frustrating.

Looking forward to trying it again.

I’m interested in this, as an exercise. I’m far out of the loop with the current state of FS 2020, but I’d like to know:

Eliminating all work done by third parties, aside from those involved with initial development:

How does the list of features highlighted in the original, official marketing and development videos compare with the same list in its current state in the sim?

We should not need to rely on other third parties and volunteers to provide the functionality implied to be present, natively, at launch.

If you want to list them all, I’m sure you will get a good response.

I’m sure someone is keeping track. I’m not that person, though.

Excellent post. Well done.

2 Likes

I still haven’t completed a full flight in the sim since November, before the USA update. The Japan update was actually fine for me, but the USA update is what completely broke it for me. I was mainly flying the default A320 since I’m more of an airliner guy, but the USA update did two major things to the default A320: The AP broke and the aircraft is now very underpowered. While it seems like the most recent update in December fixed the AP bug, the default A320 is still very underpowered bot on the ground and in the air. I haven’t been able to climb much past FL300 making it nearly impossible to reach cruising altitude for most flights. This makes completing a flight realistically very challenging. Even when I reduce my weight and payload, it still struggles.

Also, it seems that the FBW mod isn’t an option for me since it gives me FPS issues, especially on longer flights and with more complex flight plans and routes. All around, I’ve stayed away from the sim until yesterday, but the same problems exist, unfortunately.

I have a mid ranged computer; I7 6700 3.4ghz, 32gb RAM, 2080ti and use MSFS on an SD drive (not an M.2). I use an Oculus Rift CV1 for VR.

In monitor mode I fly a mixture of Ultra and High settings and in VR mostly High with a few Ultra settings.

I am amazed with the clarity and smoothness of my experience in VR and enjoy watching the aircraft flying over the detailed scenery on amazing weather on the flat screen.

I’ve been flying other sims for many years, lately, FSX, P3d and Xplane 11. I realise the planes are only default but I’m having so much fun in MSFS that I rarely fly the other sims now.

LOVING MSFS.

1 Like

Well you are in luck.
The mod group just released a big improvement in FPS and stutters today.
It seems to be a good improvement from the posts I’ve read.

1 Like

I have to agree with you. Even though default aircraft present challenges I like working my way around them as a sort of intellectual puzzle to solve in order to land. But yes your right LOVING MSFS

You’re kidding??? Well, looks like I’m going to give it another try then. Where do you download it again? I know there are various places to download it.

Ok
It is only the development version, here is a link to their new installer.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/installer/releases/download/vmaster/setup.exe

Thanks! I’ll install it and hopefully it will run better.

BTW, isn’t the dev. version the best to install.

Dev build versions usually have more features, but they are less polished. So they are more likely to contain bugs and to be unbalanced. :wink:

1 Like

Your video reminded me these:

ELAC and SEC in Storm:

Overspeed Protection:

Pitch and G Protections:

PS: these are running on a Core 2 Duo 2Ghz and FS9.