Issue with material polygon shadows

Im in the process of learning the steps for scenery creating. One of my main issues is polygons. More specifically the material polygons.

As per the image above, Im using polgyons to create the ground textures and detail the grass/gravel etc. The issue is the overlapping/shadows seen. Very few of my polygons are overlapping each other but there’s a tendancy that they cast shadows and or dont appear to blend with the ground as the light changes in sim. Im wondering if im doing something wrong or if there’s an alternative way. I’ve also read and noticed that excess of ground polgyons cause a lovely FPS drop which would not be great for those downloading the scenery on lower end systems.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Hi,
are you using custom materials? Could be they are setup in the wrong way

About the FPS drop, they shouldn’t really be an issue when the scenery is compiled and placed in community
Some slowdowns during the editing in Devmode are instead, expected, so a wise solution is to organise your work on groups you can hide when not needed

Hey mate. Thanks for the advice. No they are just default materials provided by asobo.

Oh okay im glad to hear that cheers.

Are you aware of the FSDeveloper.com forums?

You’ll be increasing the chance of having a knowledgeable person responding to your query by posting over there as well.

Yes, not sure I can post yet on the forum.

Note; The issue is dependant on the time of day.

As you can see in the two images above.