Issue with TCA throttle

Hi guys,

I have the TCA officer pack. Prior to the big update a couple of weeks ago my throttle was mostly working well - the reverse thrust on the throttle matched up with the reverse thrust on aircraft. Since the update though the in-game throttles are at idle when my physical throttles are at 50% (the 2nd notch) instead of when they are at 25%. So lifting the lock and pulling them back is just all dead zone instead of moving the throttles into reverse thrust. Because of this I now need to be careful to not pull the physical throttles back to idle as that will have it at full reverse thrust, and I’ve also lost 25% of the sensitivity in the throttle due to the deadzone up to the lockout. (I hope I explained this in a half decent way).

I’ve updated drivers and I’ve re-calibrated as per the thrustmaster instructions. Strangely, the in-game throttle calibration sliders show full use of the throttle down to 0%, but it’s just not the case when actually flying.

Any help would be great!
Cheers

You have to be aware that the re-calibration process that the thrustmaster provides has a missing step. In the provided steps, you press the red button 4x, one for TOGA, MCT, CL, and IDLE. Then it tells you to press the two black buttons to complete the recalibration process. There’s one step missing here.

Instead of just 4x you have to press the red buttons 5x. So after pressing the red buttons on IDLE, unlatch the locks and pull back the throttle one more time to the full REVERSE detent, and press the two red buttons again. Then you can continue with the pressing 2 black buttons to complete the recalibration process.

If you have the TCA Add-on pack for the spoilers and flaps, you have to move the spoilers and flaps to the same step detents as you do for the throttle as well before pressing the two red buttons. This is to ensure the axises for these addons get calibrated as well.

It depends on what you’re flying. But if you’re flying the A320, I would suggest you use the Download custom FBW development build here. (digitaloceanspaces.com) mod. This will replace the default A320 with a whole lot of new features and flight dynamics improvement. It also has a direct support with the TCA throttle to take the detents from your physical quadrant and place it at the right scale in the sim as well. But you need a bit of a tweaking until you get it to work perfectly.

Using this mod, you can create a separate profile for the A320, and set the sensitivity curve to be fully linear. Improving the scaling of the power properly.

Thanks for the response Neo. I tried recalibrating using the technique you described a few times but the issue is still happening. The thing I find most strange is when I bring up the controls menu, the throttle range is correct - 0% on the physical throttles is 0% in calibration, 25% = 25% etc. It is only on the actual aircraft where idle in game is at 50% on the physical throttles instead of 25%. This did not occur prior to the big update.

I don’t fly the a320, mostly just the tbm and da62.

Cheers

I still think the controls UI is sooo bugged
When i try to assign controls to my Thrustmaster TCA quadrant it it keeps saying “the control device is not available “ when clearly it shows up in the controls UI…WTF ???

Okay, In that case, you need to delete all your profile and get it revert back to the absolute default bindings. Start a flight in your tbm first, and test the throttle on the default setting. If it’s not lined up. First go to the controls, and adjust the Neutral zone. This is to let the sim know where the “idle point” is at before it goes to either reverse or forward. You just need to adjust this accordingly to match your idle detent in the TCA quadrant to the IDLE point in the sim. Then you just need to adjust the sensitivity accordingly.

Once you get comfortable with the tbm, do the same for da62 using the customised sensitivity curve. If it still behaves the same, you’re good. But if it still shifts differently, then you need to duplicate that profile and separate it for the da62.

You need to do a bit of trial and error. I know I’ve done mine for at least 2 hours when I got my TCA and I had to configure it for the A320.

Unplug it, and plug it back in.

I don’t know what recalibration to do, and everything was working absolutely fine last week. But today I tried flying the TBM930, on the tarmac, set everything up, throttle up, and the TBM went into reverse!

Downloaded the latest Thrustmaster (I have the same controllers, Airbus edition) and updated firmware, deleted all existing profiles in MSFS, now I’m back to absolute default. Gonna restart my PC, unplug plug the controllers and hope for the best.

Jeez Asobo, for once I just hope y’all would just stop messing with us.

UPDATE - it works. Deleting all profiles resets my throttle control. Now we’re good.

So where are the profiles that I need to delete.?

In your Control Options, Go to your TCA throttle device. At the bottom, there’s a “Preset Manager”. Click it, and it should bring you the option to delete the active profile.

Thank you I will try that

Main screen - Options - Controls

Within Controls, you will see all your connected devices, keyboard, Mouse, T. 320 Pilot, and TCA Q-Eng (for mine at least).

Click on T. 320 and it should say Default. If not, it means you have other Profiles in there. Select any of the other Profiles, look at bottom of your screen, click Preset Manager. Hit the Trashcan button and Bob’s your uncle, you’ve just deleted that profile. Do likewise for your Throttle Control.

Thanks Neo! Deleting the profile worked perfectly. Much appreciated.

Also managed to fix my unequal throttle locations at idle by playing with the sensitivities. I just added a massive deadzone with the left throttle. Thrustmaster support was zero help with this so I had given up on having equal throttles. I didn’t want to return it to get one that was manufactured slightly better given the massive wait I would no doubt face to get a replacement. Happy days.

Great… good to hear it… I wish I can get my damaged tension screw for a replacement. But it’s more likely I’ll change this damaged one to Engine 3 and 4, and get another unit for my Engine 1 & 2. plus the Addon that I’ll be getting in the future as well.

I am having the same issue, Question, when do you calibrate? after loading driver? After forced reboot? after loading game? after loading firmware?

When you receive the unit out of the box. Or anytime it’s exhibiting weird behaviour. After loading firmware is also a good idea.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.