Issues key bindings AP VS and NAV2 Toggle

Dear all,
I am almost done with setting up FS2020 with all key bindings to my devices. Only two things are missing and I cannot find a solution. In a Cessna 172 cockpit I have the AP - the altitude I can set, up I cannot find a key for setting the vertical speed. Neither in FS2020 nor in FSUIPC.

I have tried “AP VS Dec” in FSUIPC and same in the FS, but the VS only reacts on the mouse click in the cockpit

Second Issue I have with NAV2. I can Select “Nav Radio” in FSUIPC. Then NAV1 is activated and I can select with + and -. But there is no “Select Nav2 Radio”. In FSX I solved this with a Toggle that swapped “NAV 1 → NAV2 → XPDR”. There I had to click some times, still I could address NAV2 directly.

Does anybody has an idea or how do you bind those functions?

For V/S, try these.

V/S → TOGGLE AUTOPILOT VS HOLD

V/S + → INCREASE AUTOPILOT REFERENCE VS

V/S - → DECREASE AUTOPILOT REFERENCE VS

I had these bound to an extra USB number pad and they worked as expected.

I just dont get it. In one way it works - I bind a key for VS Hold, then the “VS” symbol lights up. But when I use the key I bound for INC REF VS, nothing happens.

Only if I THEN click with my mouse on the cockpit button to increase the VS, then the display switches to “FPM” and THEN I can use my button to increase or decrease the VS. This even works with “fast”, so it sets the VS in steps of 1.000 ft. I just don´t get it without the mouse-click to switch to the “FPM” mode…

1 Like

Apparently it has something to do with the Cessna 172. I tried the same with the Cessna Citation and there is works as usual… can anybody test this?

You are correct, this is not how it is supposed to work, it is a bug from day 1 and I reported it to Microsoft a few times but it hasn’t been fixed. There are many issues with keybindings not working in several airplanes, in others they work. In the citation, it works for me, in the 747 it doesn’t. Also, the names of keybinding are confusing and some very important key assignments are missing like V-NAV and L-NAV. Hope they will structure the control assignment menu soon as it it messy from release already.

1 Like

How this hasn’t been fixed in what, 2 years, absolutely blows my mind. Especially when it’s a core AP function button, in the 172 of all planes.

Time Asobo fixed some of these ‘Never should have been released’ bugs…