Issues with autopilot

hi folks, I am using FS on the xbox, I am currently trying to learn how to use the autopilot features on the Garmin 1000, ive watched a few vids on setting it all up, however as soon as I engage autopilot it violently sends the aircraft towards the ground. Im only doing basic stuff at the moment ie just Nav and altitude settings and using the world map to set out flight plans. Has anyone else had issues or knows of any possible fix please.

Same problem with me. I re-downloaded the whole sim and that solved the nav function and crash problem. However, the ILS approaches don’t seem to be working. Plane will follow path on dashboard map, but will stray from path using the map window feature. A real nuisance.

My autopilot in all my planes is turned on by itself and can’t turn it off, Hi everyone ,my name is steve, I’ve had MSFS 2020 for about 8 month now, after the last update in every one of my planes, even default, which is all I have, my planes autopilot is going crazy, turning on then off then on then off real super fast and it controls my trim wheel , I turn my yoke and it goes right to left a hundred miles per hour, and when I take off it controls my planes and crashes turning my planes to the left. I can’t turn the autopilot off, I’ve tried every means of trying to fix this, I uninstalled the game and cleaned everything out, including the community folder, starting from scratch, I re-downloaded the game again and the game is stuck on the autopilot turned on doing the same thing where I can’t shut the autopilot off. is there some where I can get some help with this, one guy said in the forums that Microsoft Flight simulator is going to have to fix this, it started after the last #6, update. I don’t know how to get a hold of them, Is there a way someone can help me. Thank you. Steve. I’m really new at this. My email is sdedrummer@aol.com 10/30/2021.

Hi there,
Yesterday I flew with the FBW 320NX. At cruising altitude, it switched itself off and could no longer be turned on.
Then I took a break (Esc) and after a minute I went back to the flight and I was able to switch the autopilot on again. (Strange).
I thought the FBW autopilot was having a problem. Maybe it depends on the general autopilot after all.

Cessna 172 GA1000 Autopilot does not follow Flight Plan after update. Whats the point of an update if it means you have to reinstall the whole App to get rid of the problems it creates.

Yes, sometimes the autopilot screws up in a number of diffrent ways. I have found that it often happens when you come back from ESC.

I encounter the same problem both in the “automatic driving” mode and in normal driving. To land the plane moves from the set route and it is a problem if you land in mountain airports where there are obligatory routes. I am forced, as soon as I get to the last point, to deactivate the autopilot and conduct the aircraft manually following the path.

To be helpful I’d need more information then “I turn on the AP”. I’m not trying to be a smart *ss. The PITCH and ROLL are controlled by the FD (Fight Director). At this point once you engage AP the AP will follow the FD. A few more steps are needed to setup climb. My setup before I start my ground roll 1. check Flight Plan 2. Set Altitude ie 10,000 3. Set FLC to Vy 4. Set NAV. Then request take off. After positive climb pull in wheels and flaps. Hold Vy then hit AP. At this point plane should hold positive climb at Vy and find Flight Plan directions.

I do agree that in some planes the G1000 is not working as it should. Just need to test each plane and version…

dw

By the looks of it I am doing things wrong then, as stated in op I am new to the whole autopilot function, it does seem to work when im in a vfr flight, once ive climbed and levelled off I can engage nav mode and AP and it will follow the course, it looks like ive got some more learning regarding setting up for an ifr flight though.

AP works the same in VFR or IFR. The Flight Rules govern how and when you can maneuver and communicate in airspaces, and do not directly impact the performance of autopilot.

I speak on landing. During landing the segments from the last route fix to the airport (especially if in the mountains) is not followed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.