Issues with Velocity One 40th anniversary update on Xbox series X

So I updated to the 40th anniversary addition and also updated V1 firmware to 1.4 and having a few serious issues. Hoping someone else might have some answers.

The issues:

1. all custom profiles disappeared
  2. when I create a new profile or copy one, then save it, when I go back into Control Options my custom profile is gone.
  3. on World Map, the globe spins until I move the V1 yoke or lever.
  4. on World Map the game pad right stick does not recognize left to right movement, only up and down. If I unplug the V1 then the game pad works fine.

So I’m really frustrated because it’s bad enough that all my custom profiles just got wiped out but now I can’t even go in and create them again at all.

Would love any ideas or help………

3 Likes

Exactly same here, currently uninstalled all, deleted profile (local and cloud) now reinstalling.
if this does not work, then i am done.

note, even with just xbox controller connected, same profile issues exist. this makes me think my install is the issue. surely they tested making a xbox controller profile and saving it…!!!

will dvise after the several hours reinstall.

pps. i was in the beta if that helps track causes.

anyone on xbox x working properly?

1 Like

Same and only using xboxsX with control pad. Currently reinstalling

1 Like

i noticed today that the throttle levers on the a310 do not behave correctly. i always have to move the throttle levers from the TB to the half position so that i have the zero position in the a310. on all other aircraft it works as it should. 0 is 0 and not half throttle position

I was having the same issue until i calibrated it using the little ipad thingy in the cockpit. Its one of the options in there to calibrate throttle, if you look for it youll find it. After that everything worked fine including reverse thrust

2 Likes

Thank you, I found it. but unfortunately I have not yet achieved the desired success. I would like to use the reverse thrust from TB V1. but have not yet managed.

Same issues here unable to find or locate a fix from any one at this stage on XBOX X with V1F.
Also tried my secondary Thrustmaster controller and FS also does not allow you to save any profiles.
If any can advise further on this issue it will be appreciated.

I opened a ticket on this but still nothing. Absolutely zero desire to even consider buying the rudder pedals if I can’t even fully use the Velocity One OR the Thrustmaster HOTAS. seems like with most of these updates, it’s two steps forward one step back or maybe it’s one step forward and two steps back. Either way it’s frustrating.

1 Like

Solved my Profile issue: XBOX Series X, Velocity 1 with latest Firmware.
Not a nice fix, I had to completely uninstall the whole sim and IMPORTANTLY, Delete my XBOX MS FS Save file from both local and cloud. This lost my all my settings, my progress, my flight logs ect. so FS reinstalled from scratch (half a day) and then ran as if it had never run before. Now all my controller profile issues are solved. Only thing which did not reset are my trophies, they are recorded separately by Microsoft.
Hope this helps someone, what a pain, but at least it is all working, and in a way probably is a good time to do a complete fresh install, just wish it was not enforced as it was.
Good luck pilots, anyone on XBOX find a simpler fix in case it returns?

Thanks for the update and I’m glad you got it working again. I am not willing to do that quite yet. I’m still holding out hope that they will fix this without me going to that extreme. I’ve had the issue where all my profiles were wiped out after updates but never have I seen where it won’t let me save new profiles. That’s a serious bug that they should fix without me having to delete everything and redownload an entire sim and many addons. It’s just so frustrating that pretty much every time they update this sim we have to go through this very time consuming process of recreating all these custom profiles. And now it won’t even let me recreate what they’ve wiped out.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but will the Turtle Beach Velocityone Flight (not the stick) but the full yoke along with the trim wheel and quadrant levers work with Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition on Xbox X?

I cannot see the controller in the options section. Very frustrated right now and feel like I just wasted a bunch of money.

Yes it works with the XBOX and works very well too. Just follow the quick start guide that comes with the yoke and you should have no problem. You didn’t waste your moneys, trust me. Most important thing is that each color coded USB plug is lugge I n the right slots and also that you make sure the yoke is set to XBOX and not PC. But again, just follow the quick start guide and you should be fine. It really is pretty much plug and play.

Yup, did all that, you are right, pretty simple plug and play and did everything you said. Yes, set to Xbox. But, the controller will not show up in the “Control” section of MSFS 40th Anniversary Edition.

Hey mate, did you manage to sort the issue at all, as I’ve just downloaded the new software