Italian Alps are stunning

14 Likes

Has the terrain mesh resolution been updated with WU9? I can’t tell the difference before and after the update.

South Tyrol is still covered in snow, which is totally inaccurate!

Yes this is a wider problem. I flew in the Austrian Alps and had the same problem - winter everywhere. Same in Switzerland.
Unfortunatly there seems to be a bug in the readout of the snow coverage provided by meteoblue :frowning:
This bug exists since a few months.

1 Like

It looks okay but MSFS doesn’t handle sharp mountains very good. I prefer other types of terrain to fly over.

10 Likes

which negates all the benefit of having nicer mountains. It is hard to fathom a bug as relevant as this has still not been addressed after a couple of months!

1 Like

Hmm, I am still not that impressed with mountains in the sim, They are too rounded off and the textures often look a bit blurry. They look more like hills than rock mountains in many cases too.

They quite match how Bob Ross saw and painted them! :laughing:

2 Likes

Good point. I thought the Alps looked a bit too snowy recently but was aware there had been some late snow. However, late snow melts more quickly in warm spring sunshine. Maybe that wasn’t programmed-in.

The snow problem stems from partial winter textures and the awful live weather snow coverage.
Also there are large areas with no Bing textures at all. And those awful default replacement textures simply don’t cut it. There are not even autogen trees on them.

1 Like

The quality of the terrain mesh and satellite imagery is rather inconsistent. There are areas where it looks great and areas where it looks terrible.

1 Like

In that case I will look forward to seeing the areas where it does look great.

1 Like

For me they are rare chance encounters around the globe. I can’t really name specific areas.

By the way, what is that mountain in the banner at the top of this forum? Mount Everest? If so, does anyone’s actually look like that in the sim? Last I visited mount Everest it was lame.

I think it is Everest.

Why the surprise?

There are some bugs that haven’t been fixed in two years let alone two months; AI traffic behaviour for one.

2 Likes

I think you’re selling me on my idea of flying the 310 around the new NZ Mount Cook scenery! That picture you took just looks too good!

Just go ahead. You won‘t regret this :slight_smile:

1 Like

oft Sry but not Everest.

1 Like

No you are right, it is not. I had a look on Google maps and it doesnt quite match up. Is it Makalu perhaps?

2 Likes