It's just not fun anymore

That’s a contradiction.

Sure, that’s why it’s updated regularly.

Well, then there is stuff in the background using this. Which are now breaking and do not run anymore. So. It’s not the cause thats removed.

2 Likes

Any app that requires the Python interpreter will not run at all if it is not present. Python is only active when a program written in that language is running, otherwise, it does nothing at all. it cannot have any negative effect on Windows performance or other non-Python apps.

I use Python version 3.9.6 for a variety of programming projects. The interpreter and runtime libraries are always present on my computer and have absolutely zero impact on Windows, MSFS or any other running process.

4 Likes

sorry but like everyone else said in this thread, Python, a world-renowned programming language, has got nothing to do with MSFS 2020

1 Like

Get rid and then good luck with all those addons and mods that were written in it and need translating.

1 Like

With over 2 million different hard/software systems using MSFS there can be no possible way for anyone to devise causes for CTD, let alone crafting fixes for everyones problem. Each CTD is ideopathic, and thus cannot be cured. In my case I just didn’t use msfs2020 for a week and the CTDs disappeared as mysteriously as they appeared.

Agreed - I am the first to critique a less than stellar SU5, but the CTDs seem to be mostly fixed. Clearly there’s something wrong with the OP’s specific machine or installation.

If it’s not fun anymore, quit doing it. Why torment yourself. Find something that works.

One may state “it’s not fun anymore,” but in reality their insides are turning wanting nothing else but to have a perfectly functioning MSFS. They are almost willing to do anything to get it running perfectly, perhaps selling their soul. The bottom line, once you are trapped in this world, its difficult to escape. MSFS will haunt you forever… lol

We do not have to download all the Data to reinstall a fresh MSFS .
Just rename the community folder and the official folder .
Then uninstall Msfs , Then reinstall Msfs and when you start to download in the manager close the installation .
just Go to rename the both folders as it was .
And reinstall ! TA DAAA ! just few mn To reinstall Msfs ( the official folder and the community folder are just data content , not the core game )
I hope to be clear i am not English speaking .

I feel exactly the same. My expensive PC dedicated to MSFS is sitting at the corner gathering dust. I remembered quite a number of weeks ago after the 2 hot fixes, I didn’t enjoy MSFS. MS/Asobo has screwed up so bad that a couple of times I turned it on, I couldn’t get excited to fly and turned it off within five mins.

Congrats to MS for catering to the “15-mins of game fame” in XBOX. Those people will have their fun and turn to something else in about a month.

MS managed to mess up the core dedicated flight sim community who had given MSFS a great deal of good will.

By the way, I can guarantee Microsoft that many people who have grown so disgusted about the bugs don’t even bother to post here. They just quit MSFS.

7 Likes

Hehe it is the same for me. Bought a new rig with a 3080 shortly after release, started building a complex hardware layout and now I have used it twice since SU5. It really is a shame. And it is not only the core sim, the marketplace is not gaining any points either. As is the communication regarding the issues by Asobo.
As I stated in another thread, I think this also will not be too great for 3rd party devs in the long run. At least for me I can say I started holding off on purchases. If the core is rotten, no need to make the apple shiny.
Considering Asobos track record of randomly breaking two things while fixing another my hopes that WU6 will make it fun again are somewhat limited, but I am willing to be positively surprised.

4 Likes

It wasn’t just for Xboxers though was it? … because all of us with actually supported systems were struggling for 30fps without have to resort to minimal settings. Microsoft’s suggested high end was an i7-9800X and an rtx2080 and they should have been able to run 4K on high or ultra but could get nowhere near it before SU5.

1 Like

It does become tiresome when doubtless sincerely frustrated PC simmers repeatedly come out with these ill-conceived bad takes. The Xbox community ranges from casual to hardcore, just as the PC community does. I’m delighted that MSFS is also catering to a wider Xbox audience. It’s not necessary to take an egregious position. :relieved:

4 Likes

Mine isn’t, it has X-Plane 11 on it. It may not be as pretty but it works properly, flies properly and has crashed once (duff scenery install from 3rd party). I have OrbX scenery for the UK (pay) and SimHeaven for everywhere else (free) and while it’s not as good as MSFS it’s fine.

What has put me off semi permanently is not the crashes or the duff avionics. It’s the announced game packs.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with game type entities being made available and sold, you can turn Combat on on X-Plane and on FSX you could flour bomb things.

It just suggests that the effort on fixing the broken stuff is going to be minimal in favour of soaking the customer some more.

Just no. Looking forward to X-Plane 12 (or whatever) apparently launching mid late September.

3 Likes

I’m considering picking one up in the future. I can’t bring my whole rig with me when I go for a vacation. Now I have the possibility to use the sim literally anywhere, even with all my add-ons purchased through the store. I call that a win.

And is in development for 26 years. Don’t leave the important bits out :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, me too. The competition will be good for FS2020 without a doubt.

I wonder though what sort of PC will be needed to run X-Plane 12 at decent FPS. My system struggled massively with Vulcan (ave. 29 fps with I5 7600k, 2970S, 48 gb ram).

For all its faults (and there are plenty) one thing which FS2020 does well is performance (40-50 fps with high/ultra settings). It also looks great in a way that makes it impossible for me to go back to X-Plane 11.

I like FS2020 but it is very much a ‘like but find it pretty frustrating’ sort of relationship.

I had around 1200hrs in this sim, and up until the last shambles of an update(should have been called a down grade) i have found myself flying in DCS far more. Yes it’s a totally different type of sim, but wow, it works. And the level of fidelity in the aircraft is actually stunning.

There’s nothing worse than flying a tubeliner for 2 or so hours, only to ctd on decent. or approach…On top of that, the decent airliners that were progressing well, have now been set back further…

1 Like

Without a doubt the aircraft in DCS are where it shines imo over and above any other flight sim. It took me about three months to get anything like decent in the F18. Absolutely superb I agree but as you rightly say it is a different sort of flight sim.

1 Like

I have to agree that XP is not so great. Neither is P3D or FSX or anything else on the market, even with all the add-ons.

The point of this topic is not “looks” though. Yes MSFS “looks” better than XP and the rest, but the point of this topic is all the major issues with MSFS that were outlined in the OP.

People can say that all of these issues are exaggerated or caused by end users/add-ons or give some other excuse, but I really believe that if MSFS was that great, topics like this really would not exist.

Every sim including MSFS is severely lacking one way or another. There is a stagnation curse on homebased flight simulation presently, and I hope the MSFS team will break this curse…all they have to do is concentrate solely on aviation realism. All the sundry stuff has to go, until topics like this are unnecessary.

We’ll see what the new WU does, and how next week goes…there is a ton riding on this.