It's like I'm starting MSFS for the very 1st time, everything is gone

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

Well nothing is working, it’s as if I started MSFS again for the very, very 1st time

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

launch MSFS from the xbox app

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia, latest drivers

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest as of 27.07.2024

Screenshot 2024-07-27 124041

Yep, happened to me yesterday as well. Luckily I did have an old back up which gave me most of my logbook and control settings.

I’m not aware of any backup, I don’t really care about that tho, I use external apps to log my flights and time, but I can’t even get to the main menu, lol. I get dropped in the initial settings screen, like when you start MSFS for the 1st time after you bought it, and after that, it just hangs.

1 Like

Even if you have backups of your whole hard drive (and specificaly the msfs local cache with settings), if the cloud version is an empty version (because you launched msfs while cloud was unavailable or because of a crash/corruption) you will always get the empty version at startup.

Aparently, there’s no way to force local cache & all files version over cloud.

Hoppefuly, you’ll manage to get the specific controller settings if you named them correctly (one by one), but you’ll have to setup all the rest again :frowning: Good luck with that.

1 Like

Oh boy… gonna be fun once MS fixes their online issue… sigh

I had the same problem, which solved itself after several starts of the sim.For me it is a server issue.

Scott

1 Like