It's no coincidence that there hasn't been a live Q&A with the developers since Simupdate 5

Since the catastrophic Simupdate 5, community-based communication has become very, very quiet. Our hoped Q & A with answers to the important of our questions (bugs) has been postponed until further notice.

We have not received any responses to bugs such as the non-existent wind gusts or the introduced shimmer, especially in VR, for months. In addition, there are hundreds of other bugs that need to be fixed.

I think the postponement of the planned Q & A from 09.09. or maybe it is more like a rejection was purely on purpose. It’s a lot of empty promises and I guess they don’t want to answer the questions of the community.

FS 2020 was always an outstanding game for me, despite its mistakes, but due to the lack of gusts of wind, flying is far too easy and not challenging compared to reality. My great VR experience has been completely broken since Simupdate 5. This shimmer literally burns my eyes. Asobo’s only answer is: The shimmer (broken AA) is not reproducible.

I think it’s a shame. Please give me back the simulator that I loved so much. And above all, you have to admit the mistakes, to do a Q & A like before and to provide us with explanations. We are currently being left completely in the dark.

8 Likes

You’re right, it’s no coincidence.

August is traditionally the month of “summer holidays” in Europe. We also get paid holiday leave from our jobs so suffice to say many people (especially those with children who will be on their school holidays during August) will be on leave for a number of weeks in August.
Considering SU5 dropped end of July and WU6 has just dropped it really is no surprise that August was “quiet” in this regard. I would expect them to return this month.

8 Likes

Ich hoffe es…

If I were them I would avoid it like the plague

3 Likes

Yes, it’s never nice to admit mistakes … but I think Asobo owes us some explanations!

5 Likes

Mistakes are resolved by actions not words.

I find that developers with issues tend to get their heads down to address them. Afterwards they can talk about it.

Getting beaten up on an Q&A doesn’t really help them, nor does it help the people doing the beating. The issues are known.

7 Likes

Not all errors are known. See the broken antialiasing in the game. Asobo said that is not reproducible for them. For them it doesn’t exist.

Regarding the non-existent gusts of wind, we still have no answer as to whether Asobo has even taken note of it or whether they wants to fix it.

Here ( https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/pl9gmx/nothing_triggers_me_more_than_when_people_call/ ) is the real explanation. :wink:

8 Likes

More positive objective reporting and encouragement of the developers, and less negative subjective discussion and criticism of the developers, might actually advance things more quickly. Cheers.

13 Likes

@CalitFIPST, like that! Cheers.

This kinda sums it up:

18 Likes

Haha yeah, well its MS i guess, forced them to kill the nice pc versions and make it an xbox port to save some development money.

1 Like

Another pointless rant…

If you are looking to help and improve the sim, then these steps can be followed:

1. Report specific issues with a Zendesk ticket, provide as much information as possible.
  2. Check the bug section in the forum and vote and provide feedback on topics that concern you.
  3. Use the search function in the forum to find threads that are already created, rather than creating new topics of the same subject.

Following these steps will make this place much nicer :relaxed:

17 Likes

That is not a specific issue, in which way does the Xbox release impact you?

Ah yes, the xbox conspiracy!

Of course. It’s a grand master plan with very long term and diabolical thinking. Something like this:

I know! Let’s find a way of really getting back at those nasty PC simmers that have been the bane of our lives for years - they’ve never given us a penny over the years for all our previous flight sims. What we’ll do is create a great flight sim - one that will blow everything else out of the water. To do it we’ll invest years and years in it and spent millions and millions of dollars developing it and putting the complicated infrastructure in place, signing deals with lots of third parties to provide weather, nav data, you name it. It will be the sim to end all sims! It will be the best visual and modelled platform to support a thriving 3rd party developer community who will help us turn it into something truly memorable.

But of course, those pesky simmers won’t see our plan at all, because we’ll tell them the sim is for them, when, in reality it’s for XBOX!!! [cue maniacal laughter]. Then, once the PC simmers are hooked, we’ll take all that good work we’ve done, and throw it all away and make the sim really bad so it will really appeal to those [insert bad word] xbox gamers who won’t know their IFR from their elbow. Can you imagine how upset the PC simmers will be!!! It’s a genious plan…

13 Likes

We got the xbox port, optimimized for limited amount of ram and vram. Limited view distance and or lod. Clouds have change too. You should look at these forums what negativ impact this port has.

3 Likes

No its simple. Its cost effective, cause maintaining two builds cost more money and time.

1 Like

Yeah, coz it makes a lot of sense

“Microsoft Flight Simulator is an amateur flight simulator published by Xbox Game Studios.” (Wikipedia)

May I ask which part of this statement were you struggling to understand? :thinking:

Folks - this seems to be drifting off topic into areas already covered by existing discussions Also please be civil to each other and not get personal

Thanks for your understanding

3 Likes