Its unbelievable

Yeah! It’s a super simple 4 step process.

1. Open and update MSFS Store app - ~1 GB
  2. Launch and apply new patch data - ~ 20 GB while gui runs @ 700 fps
  3. Load in game store and download New Free Scenery Pack - ~5GB
  4. Open library and check for other updates for Aircraft, scenery et al ~ 2 GB
  5. Re-apply all your custom GFX settings
5 Likes

you can limit the fps with the nvidia control panel

1 Like

Well nice that you are fine with it. I and others are not fine with it. Now what?

And honestly i have 64GB of ram and i have just checked the usage of the Clients… Steam, Uplay, MS Store, Epic… they all together use 260MB of RAM and like 0,3% of CPU usage. To be honest i couldnt care less.
So i guess its not a bad idea either if you factually have no performance impact at all but have the benefit of always and everytime updated stuff whenever you want to use it.

We agree to disagree.

They can’t please them all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I meant in the sense that it is wrong!
Try with the A320, in real world with empty tanks you can land it at 120 kn, in FS2020 you are already stalled…

What I mean: this is a FLIGHT SIMULATOR, not a tourist agency,
it would be time to fix the planes and avionics a bit, instead of doing something else (future buyers via X-BOX don’t get angry) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This post should become a sticky. Some people don’t understand the correct steps at all, they just go straight into the sim when an update is released and start to complain when they run into the issues of running post update. Do the steps correctly and you’ll be fine. Curb the candy store like impulsive reaction…

2 Likes

I mean honetly doesnt that sound like a joke to you? If a simple update process needs to be explained then some design choice was utterly wrong. Lets start with how silly it is that you need to update in 3 different places to get the complete update!
Honestly whoever designed this update and launcher disaster must be the worst programmer on this planet!

4 Likes

Here no one invents anything, if the Update system is a joke it does not depend on my PC
Then there is the problem, God forbid, but we have been going on like this for 9 months …

Excellent, should be pinned somewhere. But for the benefit of everyone that keeps forgetting / ignoring it and then opening new CTD threads, could you add “Empty your Community Folder!!” as the first step?

2 Likes

Curiosity: what indications (speed) does the PFD give you during landing?

The simulator is not the problem, other developers show that it is possible to create good addons with some effort and know-how. Justflight for example built a pretty good Cherokee that has issues but overall looks great and flies pretty nicely. It costs 40$ or so. The Asobo default airplanes cost maybe 1$ and already look great. It‘s a pity but it‘s not realistic to expect great flight models from a company that is completely new to (simulated) aviation. They certainly have learned a lot during the past 8 months but any rework on the airplanes is most likely not in the budget. Although the price of the expansion packages and their awful quality is hard to swallow. Aircraft like the DV20, SR22 or Da40TDI can‘t be modded/corrected and sadly there is no reason to think they would ever change that.

I do think that it would be VERY NICE if we could decide when to update. Sometimes I just want to fly and not have to wait for an update to finish. It could only be a matter of an hour or so but when I want to fly I really don’t want to wait. What I have been doing is running MSFS2020 when I am doing other things so it will update and I don’t have to wait. Still impressed with the sim it just would be nice to have some control over the updates…FWIW

We have two different ways of seeing:

“It‘s a pity but it‘s not realistic to expect great flight models from a company that is completely new to (simulated) aviation” — is an Asobo problem, but in my opinion it is not an excuse, on the contrary, it means that you have not prepared well, and I use non-offensive terms
but sorry, you publish a game and then to fully enjoy it I have to download and PAY for another manufacturer’s plane???,
it really works like this???
I say: start fixing what YOU did, then if I want to have fun with something else we talk about it, but that’s my business, I don’t have to feel obliged to spend money elsewhere …

I agree with you. It‘s a badly prepared and executed project, probably completely underestimated and rushed due to financial pressure. Good research would have been mandatory which apparently hasn‘t happened. But even if - it hadn‘t made game developers aviation engineers or pilots. They would have needed good and sufficient advisors. And I guess that‘s what the whole project lacked regarding physics. The release focus was a game and now, after they received „it doesn‘t work like that“-feedback by the big addon developers, they fight to build a sim that will still fit the restrictive xbox-environment while the whole thing is already running and (actually) must not suffer any harm.

And then sorry, for the record… what should be on top of the Budget ??
this is a FLIGHT SIMULATOR and PLANES are not the PRIORITY ???
but it seems normal to you ???
No offense bro :wink:

1 Like

Have you read the roadmap? What do think are SU IV, V and (at least) VI for?

They are adding new content, stop whining.

3 Likes

Hey Eddie,

to be honest I’m not quite sure what are you taking about.

It is normal that product gets updates on regular bases, actually it is a very good thing for us users.

I never had any problem with updates, not a single one.

3 Likes

Let’s talk about this “roadmap”
guys I respect everyone’s ideas, that s OK
for me, the priority should be fixing things like AP, things like ATC, and now, not 2 years from now
needless to insist on the graphics (which are fantastic, okay …)
but if I have to fly there with ACE COMBAT planes…