January 18, 2024 Development Update Blog Discussion

Please see the latest Development Update Blog here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes

I’m definitely thankful that we get these Thursday updates, but these first 3 updates of 2024 have been extremely disappointing (with this being the worst thus far)… It feels like we’re being hit with constant DS and CS stuff and it’s never ending…

Also, several weeks ago the backlog charts suddenly dropped the last column (which was “signed off by 3rd party”) and nothing was ever mentioned about it (or maybe I just missed it?)… It would be great to know why that column was removed? I think that chart format gave a much better picture of where things stood and a more complete picture.

3 Likes

Is the Sim Federation Phenom 300E V2 the same addon as their old 300E, but… a new product for the new version? Scratching my head trying to update my list of available addons. I hate when developers launch new versions of addons as new products. Edit: Apparently it’s a free upgrade for owners at least, but still makes managing a list kind of annoying as it really is the same addon.

1 Like

Again no roadmap and no wishlist updates.
So far in 2024 we’ve only been getting Marketplace Updates but no Development Updates …:slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Hello @MrWoof9575,

In case you missed it, there was a Wishlist Update and Feedback Snapshot last week.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

No, I didn’t miss it. I just forgot. Thanks
The Roadmap is the more important one I was waiting for.

That’s good news if true. Charging for a V2 upgrade doesn’t sit well with me.

Any update on World Update - Caribbean release date?

1 Like

And not $.01 was spent… Again.

May need to get a bit more sale-happy as many of us are chock full of stuff and starting to smell 2024 in an MSFS 2020 world where we haven’t even seen/used a good portion of the add-on’s we already bought. Or can’t now because SU14 broke a bunch of it. Just sayin’

Curious about this too. And what the next WU will be(South America?)

1 Like

Have they just given up on publishing a roadmap?
It’s been missing for over a month, and before that the dates published were increasingly inaccurate.

3 Likes

I noticed that too, it’s just missing. They still have that CAP-4 for free sitting in the marketplace ready to launch(you can’t see it but it’s there), I imagine something Brazil-ish is on the horizon.

A post was split to a new topic: Sim Federation Phenom 300 V2

I guess it’ll arrive after the week after next week’s dev q&a.

After the next aircraft release, if the last published roadmap is to be believed, then :wink:

1 Like

well if they do, it will be very interesting to see what they do with Mexico City. Right now it resembles a container park.
Having said that, I think it almost impossible to model that city.