[January 18, 2024]: Expert Series 1: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 v1.0.36

May is almost over now. Seems like the promised update has been delayed. I hope in next weeks Dev chat this will be covered.

2 Likes

I don’t have any bugs on this plane.
For the throttle issue try to change your settings with the “throttle 0 to 100%” and then use the efb to calibrate them.

4 Likes

They’ve deffo given up on this. So sad, but the way it always seems to go unfortunately

I’ve a lot of experience on the ATR irl, but no coding experience in msfs, would love to make an improvement mod

2 Likes

The difficulty is that as a Marketplace aircraft, the flight_model.cfg file as well as other crucial files are encrypted and that’s what you need access to code a mod. Although I find the actual flight dynamics pretty decent. All I would want to do is add the new ground handling g variables introduced in SU15.

What does need fixing is the FMC handling of certain scenarios that creates poorly mapped paths - they sorted this kind of issue in the CJ4 a long time ago now. More seriously the AP logic needs improved - not just the VNAV but the lateral behaviour, which can be very wonky in certain scenarios (ie when trying to regain a track close to the target waypoint)

1 Like

I don’t think so, they did say that next update would be may at the earliest, it’s possible that it has been pushed back for them to correct additional bugs.

I will try to submit a question about it during the next livestream this week

2 Likes

Can anyone submit a question? I’d like to enquire about the misplaced UHF antenna bottom-rear fuselage. It’s actually quite hard to rotate without scraping it on the asphalt. I made a point of watching several ATR 72 rotations quite recently at my local airport and the AOA on take-off was way beyond what’s possible in the sim with that antenna where it is. Since most people confine themselves to the flighdeck for departure it’s not really noticeable (since it doesn’t register crash detection in the sim), but it’s definitely there and it’s definitely a problem.

Cheers.

3 Likes

You can during the stream

No bug on this plane? It must be a joke. How many errors on the LNAV, on the approaches, and the VNAV, the top of descent etc. The other day there was a bug on the EFB and the doors were all open while he told me they were closed; I should have checked on the overhead of course. I was able to fly at 14000 feet without any impact than pressurization, and no alarm, nothing. I hope the passengers enjoyed it.

Yes you are right i forgot the VNAV issues because i don’t use it.

1 Like

You do hear a scraping sound though if you tail strike.
Personally just done about 5 flights in ATR and i found it enjoyable, i’m sure there are issues and bugs but i didn’t come across any that annoyed me Lnav worked perfectly and i don’t use Vnav so cant comment on that. I will say just as a FYI since i learnt to fly it properly its been far more enjoyable than it used to be

1 Like

It’s on both models, but looking at both the 42 and 72 on Google, the 42 seems to be correct and seems to be operator dependant. The 72 shouldn’t have it.

I was doing some IRL spotting at the weekend and saw loads of 72s, none had that antenna and I was really hoping it would be there so we wouldn’t have to wait 37 year’s for an update.

Does anyone know if that transparency trick from FSX still works in 2020, where absolute black colour would make something invisible?

Has anyone done a virtual MCDU for the ATR? I have the Aviaworx for the 737 and CRJ, but don’t think they have done one for the ATR.

1 Like

Jorg said on the livestrean today that there will be an update to the ATR later this year that will have a lot of bug fixes and some new visual model that was being worked on and related to something that had been discussed before. He did not go into any more details but sounded to me that a freighter version would fit in with that description.

8 Likes

I was a little disappointed because last dev stream (or even the one before that) Jorg mentioned “May” and I assumed that to mean we’d finally get an update then. Obviously May has come and gone, and I was wrong.

Later this year doesn’t sound very soon. We wait.

I was also slightly disappointed when he did not mention a specific date and later this year does indeed like it will take some time

On the other hand, the promise of something new might be worth the additional time? I hope it will be a cargo version.

2 Likes

Well, if later this year means it’s more polished and most glaring issues have been sorted, and no new issue is introduced, I am happy to wait. We deserve a good rendition of the ATR. It’s probably 60-70% there, but i we can get to 85-90%, most users will be very pleased.

6 Likes

I’ve been searching for it but no. Nobody has published nothing like that. It’s a pity because the ones that there are for Fenix or PMDG , using wifi and tablet via Web page or program like Lorby “Axis And Ohs” makes flight much inmersive

I’ve found a solution - there are some free ATR instruments in Air Manager that includes an MCDU.

Not quite as good as a full serve based solution that you can run on a separate device, but not bad (I guess you could use Space desk to get the panel from your PC to a tablet, but the touchscreen may not work so good)

Since FS9 I like to fly the ATR (F1 version). A good modelled ATR for MSFS to me deserves to wait until end of year.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Only bad thing about this is that I wish at least a bugfix for the landing gear issue

2 Likes