[January 18, 2024]: Expert Series 1: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 v1.0.36

When will there be an update for this paid plane? it is buggy and complicated to use in such conditions

1 Like

They said they are working on it during last stream, you can see the transcript there :

hope they are improving the sound to sound like an real ATR

2 Likes

ATR have so many bugs that I donā€™t fly it anymoreā€¦ VNAV , LNAV, MCDU nothing works properly ā€¦
I really doubt that they will release the Freighter version (which was promised by them)
Very disappointingā€¦
I hope that some day a better developer release a better ATR .
I do t buy any plane released by Asobo or developed with a partnershipā€¦. Usually the models are poor in details, poor in flight dynamics and expensive ( for the product released)

2 Likes

I love the fact that we can actually check where is the stand or the parking we need in the map of the plane!

Itā€™s super usefull.
It looks like Itā€™s the only plane that do that?

1 Like

Currently in sim, yes. IRL, many planes can do it.

1 Like

Which other plane can do that in the sim please ? Thanks

My ā€œyesā€ was in reference to this. I am not aware of any other planes in sim that does it. But the upcoming fbw a380 and possibly the synaptics a220 may include this feature with the help of navigraph airport maps. So wonā€™t be a free feature.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been helping someone troubleshoot a misbehavior with the ATR and, as such, itā€™s got me sitting here on the apron exploring all of its systems and whatnot.

There is so much to love here.

Yes, there are some outstanding faults, but there is so much more good here than not. I find myself repeatedly coming back to this thread to make statements like this.

I say this as someone who really isnā€™t all that much of an airliner type. I really do dig the ATR.

7 Likes

Fully agree.A very good aircraft to have in oneā€™s hangar.Unfortunately I have not been able to configure its throttles while using VelocityOne FMS.I have raised the issue in the appropriate category as well as saw it being tagged to Turtle Beach whose product it is.I really canā€™t pinpoint source of the problem.Have tried everything suggested on the forums as well as meticulously following tutorials with no success.
It is disappointing to see that Turtle Beach has not even responded.Sorry for repeating my sob story but I really miss flying the ATR series.

1 Like

I keep saying, itā€™s 60-70% there, with a some bug fixing and some fixes in the external model, animation etc, and my personal opinion, better display resolution, it will become very good. For the price itā€™s a steal. Come to think of it, I basically got it for free since I was one of the first few purchasers who got in to the premium delux discount not applying fiasco and got a full refund without losing the aircraft.

I use my VelocityOne Universal Control System with the ATR all the time and donā€™t have any problems. What symptoms are you seeing?

Iā€™ll echo the last few posts as well. I adore the ATR and it really fills a niche in the different types of flights I like to perform. The only thing that is a hard blocker for me is the sunken landing gear bug after landing and the repetitive noise associated with it. Fingers crossed a future update fixes that, and it will be one of my frequent fliers again.

1 Like

Ditto, as a GA guy the ATR is more than enough to scratch my airliner itch. Itā€™s pretty great, but the reverse thrust is way overdone. It canā€™t possibly be that powerful IRL, and it should be a very easy fix.

4 Likes

Yep, itā€™s what weā€™ve all been thinking. Iā€™d love a real life ATR pilot to give their opinion. Iā€™ve managed to get round it partially by giving a bit more neutral zone to the axis, but itā€™s not perfect.

1 Like

As I am looking out for any guidance would not hesitate to repeat my predicament.Whether I set the throttles on one lever or two the throttles do not move in tandem.The smaller throttle tends to lag behind.As both throttles do not move together it is not possible to calibrate those for idle/ notch and ramp.Have no issue with setting condition lever as well as buttons for feathering.
I am not sure if this issue is peculiar to my VelocityOne or itā€™s a bug or to do anything with various updates.I am quite sure method chosen for binding throttles is correct.I have tried every suggestion on the subject.
Would eagerly await your input. Thanks.

Watch the thrust levers as you use reverse. The hit the stops after a physical movement of your throttle lever of about 20%. But the power continues to increase as you move the lever further. The workaround is to only move the throttle a small amount once in reverse

1 Like

Not a pilot but I have flown the ATR42 into LGML from LGAV IRL and the reverse thrusters will make you feel your seatbelt. Great crosswind there today and tomorrow BTW with the meltimisā€¦ gust upwards of ~32kts

You canā€™t know if wheel brakes were used too thoughā€¦

Same for me with the ATR 72. It was an immediate slow down and turns off the runway with not much of it used.