[January 18, 2024]: Expert Series 1: ATR 42-600 / 72-600 v1.0.36

Yes, you’re right, just thought badly it was only for the EFB

After trying I found the difference between the lower slider value and the higher value, is not that much noticeable on visual and indeed trigger overlapping as adviced

Better would be to redesign properly the whole displays, rather than scaling font and this would require much more time to the devs

I’m just wondering about all the different fuel amounts I can find in that aircraft.

Maybe someone can give a feedback, if it is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong.

1. Fuel quantity in tablet (fuel weigth) to load
  2. Fuel quantity in FMS unit on weight page (FOB)
  3. Fuel quantity in sims weight and balance page
  4. Fuel tank view in SYS page
  5. FOB information in engine view

After loading the selected amount in tablet: 1, 2 and 3 are showing the same result.

4 shows always 40 kg less
5 shows about 50 kg less

If I change the setting in the tablets options to lb instead of kg, it is finally the same result but in lb.

I fear it is a bug, but I have no clue how I can find the answer.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

1 Like

Haha, same. Made the mistake of thinking updating 45 mins before departure time will be enough.

Has it been any more information about a cargo version?

finally had the time to do a flight with the ATR42-600 let’s start with the issues

• Np too low is nearly completly fixed, if you have a good wind from your back it will dip just enough for the engine not being able to maintain 70.8% Np, IMO if they slightly up the torque at Ground Idle (let’s say to 4.8%), it should do the trick.
  • V-FP issue still not fixed, it still display on the PFD if you press the standby button, so on RNAV approaches it’s best to avoid
  • standby altimeter not settable
  • Main Landing gear not locking correctly, if you keep it pressurized (such as with AC Wild external power) it’s stay green. I don’t think it’s related to hard landings at that point
  • MCDU Perf page bug still remaining.

Now, onto the good :

• Np too low nearly completly fixed, so outside of edge cases it should work quite fine.
  • Lots of issues fixed, which makes it fun to pilot again
1 Like

I believe it is, too, and contributed here regarding it:

3 Likes

well we didn’t leave the hostel it’s a copy and paste of the crj Thank you hartmann
I thought I read that it was an expert level… I must have read it wrong
Milviz did us a nasty blow

1 Like

How is no one noticing the most inhibitive flaw that STILL hasn’t been fixed? Try taking off in the 72 without the incorrectly-placed VHF antenna (rear lower fuselage) scraping the ground! It was only ever present in that location on early ATR-42s.

As far as I remember earlier discussions about this, I think this is actually correct. The pilot is supposed to set the new altitude once close to TOD when the lateral and vertical guidance bugs of the vnav path mode appear, not before that unless you want to use a non- managed descent.

4 Likes

It’s not a bug. I figured it out listening to Magnar’s videos: in the ATR you set the FL in two ways - in the fms AND/OR on the FCU. If you set the flight level on the FCU the FMS will pick it up and display it, but as soon as you change the altitude with the knob on the FCU it reads as a change in target CRZ FL and subsequently recalculates all the VNAV paths. To prevent this from happening you have to enter the cruise FL in the FMS even when it is already written there - overwriting the displayed value with the same value, doing so you “lock” the computed cruise flight level from following the knob changes. You can do it before the flight or at cruise.

7 Likes

That’s not a bug. Some real ATR pilots on this forum acknowledged that it behaves like this in the real airplane.

1 Like

Hi

There 's a video today about the last new update of the ATR72 600 and it seems to work the RNP approach at last

1 Like

I find the views a bit too near to the cockpit panels on flight start, not sure if it was an attempt to make the displays easily readable, however I prefer to let the pilot sit in on standard location and manage the zoom myself. This issue has a counter-side, I have to adjust each view each time I start a flight. What’s your personal thoughts guys ?

I’ve done a couple flights now and it’s enjoyable despite some wonkiness…

• The flightplan will freeze in yellow and not let you exec unless you reimport a simbrief plan from the EFB.

• LNAV draws some weird turns and you will be all over the place some times.

• Prop brake works just fine for me, no issue there.

But despite the FMS bug I’ve had a couple fun flights. I like where it’s headed, I hope they don’t abandon it like the CRJ.

3 Likes

I believe the bug is that even when overwritten, it sometimes doesn’t save, when entering new altitude at TOD.

I have had a problem on touch down where the wings, either side will tilt and touch the runway. I’ve no assists on, and no binds associated with any keys.

Also, on approach to EIDW RE 28L and also on another flight into EGNT RW25 I found myself very low on finals - any ideas

Does anyone is able to switch EXT PWR to ON in ACW with new 1.0.36 release ? Which would be the right conditions, have they changed ? Just notice the PB doesn’t display AVAIL … :thinking:

Wow !!! just in front of my eyes in the EFB, was it added recently or have I sleeped too much … :open_mouth:

… and guess what … activating this ICON on the EFB then pressing EXT PWR on ACW will suppress the annoying sound and the issue on gears.
I’m just wondering if it wouldn’t be a new feature by design with 1.0.36 ???
What a find :grinning:

Indeed … not read properly what’s announced :

In any case, this doesn’t suppress the crackling sound coming from the right in the cockpit (currently both engines down, both DC and ACW Ground Power ON)

Also noticed this one :

1 Like

Still not able to restart any engine after landing and shutting down engines, even after switching BAT OFF then ON

Outside this, Found by chance the source of crackling sound which was due to the ALT SEL knob constantly rotating on its own … :open_mouth::thinking:

2 Likes

I had to uninstall the ATR then reinstall it. Seems to work now.
So if anyone having problems with Prop Brake, NP% too low at idle etc - try a reinstall.