Jetway Power Cart And Baggage Procedures Should Be Automatic

As the title states, Airline pilots don’t do these functions,we have other things to do,after pulling into the gate.

Thanks Jim

Which is why all the airliners require to have at least two pilots. One pilot operation of any modern aircraft is not realistic and breaks the immersion because the single pilot has too many operations to perform and no one checks the pilot.

BTW, some airliners carry freight only or might be a ferry/repositioning flight so unloading/loading baggage would be puzzling. Having cargo removed or added might be better especially for the FedEx and UPS freighters.

I had a few instances where the jetway automatically connects when I arrive at the gate when I park at the exact right spot. But when that happens, usually my flights didn’t get logged… But it tends to happen to me very rarely, but it happened.

1 Like

Such ‘2 pilot immersion’ is available if you install ‘Multi Crew Experience’.

I’d like to know if any jetways provide external power when they connect.

Is that really a thing in real life? I’ve never heard of a jetway providing external power before.

Good Question:

Because we are enjoying “flight Simulation” and not “reall life” , anything is possible. It was available in FSX and P3D.

Well, the purpose of a simulation is to “simulate” which means it needs to be grounded or based in real world data. And no, simulation doesn’t mean “anything is possible” if that were the case, it’s not a simulation but a fantasy. Whether something is available or not in FSX or P3D is irrelevant. They decide to make it that way, it’s their decision. That doesn’t mean MSFS needs to follow them just because they make it that way. I never used P3D before, so I can’t comment on that. But I also don’t remember FSX have it. To be fair, it was 15 years ago that I used FSX, so my memory might not be reliable.

That being said though, this wishlist is not that imporant to me anymore. We have GSX Pro that PC users can use, and they work pretty well anyway.

Many items in the latest MSFS2020 version are pure fantasy. I’ve owned every version since day one’s ’ Sublogic’. Yep I’m that old and here long before v1.0.

The older versions (before FSX) were more real because all the bells and whistles included or available from 3rd party developers today did not exist. So . . .‘grounded or based in real world data’ is pas`se. Now … … it’s whatever sells.