Job Board

Please add something like the job board MS flight (2012) has. It was a very engaging and a long term motivating factor, I and others really miss. It is like an auto mission generator for cargo and passenger flights from each airport for any type of aircraft.
It could be expanded to something like a career mode or similar to a FSEconomy.
As it was buit into the game, the passengers/cargo reacted to your flying style and there was some kind of interaction which made the whole thing feel very alive, interactive and motivating. I like to fly, but its more fun if it is not just a lonely,quiet but a living and active experience.
Already suggested to Zendesk, please upvote if you feel it should be added.

7 Likes

That’ll be later for more $

+1 to this.
It’s not massive work and having some context to flights it’s good in the long run. Specially for casuals

2 Likes

If you like the idea please give a :purple_heart: for the starter post.
As far as i understood the helpdesk, posting things here in wishlist forum and getting upvotes will bring the request up in the to-do list of the developers.

So i think they still have the code from MSFlight Job Board and it should be easily ported over for them. So please like and we`ll soon have it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just noticed the vote button is on the top left of this topic. Pleas upvote . :+1:t2:

Might be nice to have a built in Jobs Board but we already have a few good third-party options

But they are only external plugins, Job Board is internal with visuals and sounds

1 Like

True. I guess it depends if we’re considering this sim a base platform for thirdparty developers to build on or if we just want to have Asobo do everything. Or possibly a bit of both. Not all plugins & addon have to be external but I concede, OnAir, FSEconomy & AirHauler are. Personally I don’t mind that. Doesn’t really matter to me if I’m scrolling through the sim’s UI or just using an external plugin over on another monitor to access my jobs.

I’m flying an OnAir cargo job across the Alps as I’m typing this.

I understand, but what i was always missing in MSFS was a “living” world or interactivity. In MSFlight the jobs gave feedback through talking and screaming passengers, noises from live stock cargo or not fully tied cargo and so on. Was quiet funny/entertaining and a direct feedback to your flight style. This is what i miss from the 3rd external plugins until now. Plus: It was quicker to choose a job.

2 Likes

Interesting. You may want to also suggest some of these ideas to OnAir, FSEconomy & AirHauler 2.

I know OnAir already does some audio
 talks to you about “flight started”, “flight recorded”, weather at your airport just before landing but I see no reason why they couldn’t include animal noises or disgruntled passengers. Maybe some loading/unloading sounds for cargo. Yeah I think as long as that stuff is done in moderation & also something that’s togglable on/off, why not?

1 Like

Would be cool to be able to create a charter company, think of it like a flying Rig ‘n’ Roll game.
Ferry PAX to here, pickup crays from this beach and move to here, take miners and equipment to this site.
Make money, buy bigger / better / more aircraft, bid on air routes, employ pilots AI or real, take over the world !! :smiley:

1 Like

I vote for this idea and I am a user of onair, I understand this version of the sim is attracting more people than ever, and destroying people pc dreams left right and centre lol!

What Im trying to say is this sim will be on console and many more people are going to jump in, would be good to see something like this in the game to keep these new people playing without having to resort to third party plugins / addons.

There are plenty of discussion about career mode being built into the sim and it inevitably leads to arguments over how it should be implemented, hence all the third party addons. This is just a nice idea.

Just want to bumb it again.
With Neofly and BushtalkRadio its getting in the right direction. But not quit there yet !!