John F Kennedy INTL Airport | iniBuilds | Microsoft Flight Simulator 4K [Cinematic Video]

Hello Flight Sim Fans!

The John F Kennedy INTL Airport we all deserve is HERE!
Welcome to iniBuilds KJFK John F Kennedy INTL Airport, one of the most iconic airports in the world is available NOW for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in stunning detail.

I put something together for it’s release today and thought I’d share it here.

As always let me know what you think, whether you are planning to buy this add-on or already have, and if you are able please share the video.

If you enjoy this Cinematic Video then head to my channel for more, give the video a massive like and please subscribe to the channel for more Flight Simulator & Aviation Content.

Enjoy.

Bryan
Practically Geek

3 Likes

Looks beautiful, whats the avg. FPS hit?
Do you have to remove the Asobo/JFK file?
What happens when there is an Asobo update which then reinstalls the Asobo JFK area?
Does the inibuilds file have to be reinstalled after each Asobo update?Just curious.

1 Like

I will admit this scenery really gave my system a beating!
FPS was okay, I found that disabling some things within the iniManager helped a bit but nothing major.
I was using FSTraffic along side it to make the aircraft appear in the video which really did a number on
performance.
That said I didn’t delete the Asobo JFK which usually I would do if there is two different versions of the scenery, their Heathrow Airport for example.
What I found funny though is that if you do have two sceneries installed of the same airport they usually appear the same time making buildings etc show up twice. THIS didn’t happen with JFK.

iniBuilds do not advise or saying anything about disabling the handcrafted JFK so I too am curious to see what happens if I delete it.

All in all, I personally have never been able to get smooth performance in this area, I’m going to see if I can get rid of Asobo’s JFK and I will report back.

FPS hit Is not bad at all, In fact I cant really detect any. However, the area itself is not the best for performance. You got LGA, JFK and Kewr like a triangle with one of the largest cities in the world in the middle. Thats said, JFK seems to be the furthest from the city and there fore, FPS is pretty good. LGA is horrible and Newark is so so. I think they did an awesome job of optimizing it and it looks fantastic!
You should not have to do anything if Asobo updates their own scenery. I think the system knows to put addon scenery above default. At lease thats how it’s worked for my at other payware airports.

1 Like

Does it actually say “Arrives” and “Departs” at JFK?

Everywhere I’ve been it was “Arrivals” and “Departures”

1 Like

Good question, that is the TWA lounge at JFK so it may do for some reason.

I would be interested however to see if removing Asobo’s JFK does anything. . .
I’m sure it is possible to remove, it has to be through the profile manager in sim as I remember removing it from the folder with file explorer just triggers the sim to redownload it on next startup.

What specs are you using?

They do advice it if you have a lower system

Yep, it does say it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So whether it’s just me but I’ve since deleted the Asobo JFK and loaded back into the scenery with just iniBuilds active and yep it seems smooth. Tiny little stutters here and there but honestly a hell of a lot better even with FSTraffic filling the stands and remote stands with tons of aircraft.

Would like to hear if others have a similar experience.

i have a modest system, a few years old. Core i7 8700k (slightly Overclocked) 16 GB ram and an RTX 3080 11GB Vram video card. I fly always in VR using an Oculas Rift-s. I added a 100 watt PS the 3080 and a few SSD drives to it over the last 3 years.
I get pretty good performance in MSFS with a mix of high and ultra settings. I dont really look at my FPS, I just go by how smooth it runs, and I get no stutters or Hi-cups with it. except flying to or from :La Guardia, which is noticibly Slower. But for the rest of the world, Im very happy with it performance wise. I may upgrade the CPU and MB in a few months or so. I ecpected this scenery to push me to upgrade sooner, but honestly it runs quite well.

1 Like

How on earth did you get a rtx 3080 with 11gb vram? It’s either 12 or 10, or you have an rtx 2080ti or gtx1080ti. Just FIY.

1 Like

I guess my i7 4770 1060 6gb is a complete none starter for this.

What is it like with the default JFK?

10 to 15 fps on my normal settings

You may see a few FPS with iniBuilds version as it is better optimised than the default but certainly wouldnt see 25-30.
Have you had a go at doing some optimisation of your own through the NVIDIA Control Panel?
Definitely worth having a look if you haven’t already.
Let me know and I can point you to a great guide for it :+1:

If you have a optimisation guide it would be much appreciated.
I did such an exercise but probably 2 yrs ago when msfs first came out.Could do with revisiting it.

1 Like

Try this https://fs2020.surclaro.com/fs2020-nvidia-best-graphic-settings/

Let me know if you have any luck :slight_smile:

Thanks.Will do.

Used all the settings (**except set max 30fps as i usually do).
There were say 3 or 4 settings that i needed to change -rest already set.
**Strangely my max 30fps had defaulted to off -not sure why -so i reset this back to 30 max.
I am now seeing 20-25fps at default kjfk (avge 23fps) so there is an improvement,
unless the missing 30 max fps caused the drop. Dont know if new graphics card drivers changes it?

Anyway, thanks very much- it at least picked up missing 30 max setting and did improve fps.
Much appreciated

1 Like