Joystick has no control in SHOWCASE mode when 'C' is pressed

Anytime I select Showcase mode, I can no longer control the airplane with my Thrustmaster Airbus Joystick

Isn’t that as intended, by design?
That is how I have always known it to function brcause you are entering drone mode via the Showcase camera tab.

If you haven’t changed the keyboard bindings pressing “C” switches between camera and flight control while in drone mode.

3 Likes

Thank you for that. I guess I must have pressed ‘C’ at some point and didn’t realize I was in drone mode.

Now that we brought this to light, I believe the joystick should be exempt from drone mode since it doesn’t even do anything. I understand switching over the keys but why disable a perfectly working joystick in this mode that has no use in drone mode anyway?

One, it confuses people and two, we don’t even know when we are in ‘C’ mode or not because nothing gets toggled on the Camera window.

The default bindings for the XBox controller uses the sticks for controlling the drone and camera, so they needed a way to be able to do that without the aircraft going ballistic.

that makes sense but with a simple ‘if statement’ in programming, that can be fixed easily.

IF NOT ‘xbox controller’ THAN keep working

lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.