Joystick stops responding

Has anyone else had their Thrustmater Hotas simply just stop responding at all just after landing while beginning to taxi? Happened 2x in the last 2 days.
Mouse still works… can switch views etc so the app isn’t locking up. Just losing all Hotas control. Nothing fixes other than to quit to desktop and restarting the app.
PC. 5950x 3090. 64G ram.

Does this happen when you’re holding right click to look around? For me, all control inputs lock up when holding right click, start responding again as soon as I let go, reproduceable every time I try.

Nope. It just behaves as if I unplugged the HOTAS.
It just plain ceases to function without touching a thing.
Dead. Muerto. Croaked.

Yep. Same here. Need to let go of the right click to get my pedals back. Stick works though. It is broken by SU5. Worked all year long.

Scout about online for a usb monitor. Should be a few free or trial apps that will log what happens. (Maybe windows has a minor fit, maybe the unit has issues?)

Also, find DIView, when your grip drops off in game can you still see it functioning in DIView?

Oh it’s functioning. I can launch Thusmaster’s calibration tool and see it work. It’s definitely the app.

On several occasions after landing, the rudder control (twist stick) stops working, therefore I’m unable to exit the runway. Very frustrating as I cannot complete the flight. I’m using a basic Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick which worked perfectly before update. Rudder works in flight, not after landing. Grr.

The same here

same here, turned off all AI and no go. windows and saitek panels report joystick ok, X52 model. 2 steps forward and 5 back again. Rebooted etc etc. Will try another stick.

Well low and behold, my Saitek Av8r-01 which has continually caused me so much pain ( calibration of ailerons) is working perfectly. Plus the X52 HOTAS in and nothing. Plug the av8 back in and fine. Oh well at least I can fly. I also noticed it wouldn’t change profiles for the X52 either. Cheers and happy flying.

I haven’t had my joystick simply stop responding, but Sunday afternoon - after a 5 hour flight from MIA to PDX, when I killed the autothrottles on the 787 to reduce power, flare and land, my Thrustmaster Flightstick.X throttle suddenly moved my camera instead of cutting power, causing a fast, hard landing and crash. I setup the same approach/landing twice more and the first time the same thing happened. The second time, when I reduced power and the camera shifted, I quickly unplugged the stick, reoriented the camera, then plugged it back in in time to land. That time, everything worked fine after unpluggng and reconnecting.

Clearly, the game has some issues with controllers still.

I have same ISSUE! Joystic stops working if I press mouse right click to move camera! this is unplayable now

I have the same issue with my logitech/saitek yoke system - no respons when holding down the right mouse button - and I didn’t realize this was the problem until I came across this thread. Are you sure it only happens when you land, or is it only then you start to pan around via the right mouse button?

I have same problem! and Only happens in copkit view.

Same joystick, same problem. Only started happening today for me and has occurred twice this morning. Took autopilot off A320nx after a 2 hours flight to land at Barcelona and nothing - the landing didn’t go well! :joy:

I have been having the same issue with my Saitek Rudder Pedals. Both rudder and brakes stop working. It seems once I move them a few times it comes back for a bit.

When I had the same problem I resolved it by moving the joystick from a USB hub to a USB port directly on the PC (had to move some stuff around to do that…).

Honeycomb alpha and bravo and my CH rudder pedals seem to work fine through the USB hub, my X56 stick does not like it at all and becomes unresponsive some time into every flight.

Probably not the only reason for this type of problem but it seems to be one of them. The right mouse click issue is a different problem altogether.

Also experiencing this problem with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick as of December 2021. Joystick works fine to control rudder while taxiing and during take off. Upon landing, the joystick / rudder control is inoperative, and the aircraft just goes wherever. This is using the Cessna 172 simulation. Disabling all assistance features (such as auto rudder) had no effect on this problem.