Joystick throttle on "Idle" but ingame the reverse is applied

I’m having a weird problem which affects only turboprops and jets. When I place my Warthog throttle physically on the idle(or less than half-way) the reverse is activating. I have searched for any keybinds where it locks or holds the reverse but that is not the case. Even selecting the “Default” profile on the warthog causes this issue.

In Options where you bound the throttle axis there is a checkbox to reverse the axis. if it is checked, uncheck it. if it is unchecked, check it.

Do you have the throttle bound to 0-100 or -100 to 100?

Thanks for the replies. I checked, it is not set in reversed.
I just did a test, and noticed the problem is also present on props. Where the half of the joystick is mostly ignored, and the top half is acts like a representation of almost all the throttle range on an aircraft.

0-100

Yeah that’s why I asked. I was noticing on a prop plane the other day that I was getting the whole throttle range crammed into half of my physical throttle. Counterintuitively, switching to -100 to 100 allowed me full use of the throttle in that case. Might have been a unique case and not related to reversers but I thought it was weird.

Edit: Having read your later reply I remembered that the -100 to 100 thing only fixed my mixture too. My throttle was working correctly from the get go, but my memory seems to be letting me down.

Will try that now.
I noticed now that this is also affecting my other controllers. From Mixture to Prop pitch.
The 50% mark on my joystick is 0% on the sim, while less than 50% is the reverser(for those planes that have it)

That was a fail too, albeit i never found the -100 to 100 option

I think I found the problem. It was Reshade/Gshade(of all issues reshade has caused in some games, like crashes, this is the oddest one). Disabling it and the controllers, all of them, began to work again as it should. But also, using -100 to 100(mixture only option) seems to have fixed the remaining issue. Will continue testing tomorrow, as it is very late for me now. Hopefully this is the fix…

2 Likes

Hey i have the same problem, how did you fix it?

Stopped using gshade/reshade :confused: