Joystick won‘t react when pressing the right mouse button in cockpitview since sim update 5

All this and now I log on to a message in the sim that I have no internet connection. I log off and back on to the same message. So I check and I am connected w/very good speed over 400.
The latest updates have added more glitches than updates IMHO.
2021-10-07T04:00:00Z

If I’m in the wrong place please let me know but it seems nothing is being done to correct these issues. The game / sim is so hard to use now that the joy of practicing navigation or approaches is turning to anger in that every time I log on, nothing is fixed and more is broken. Can someone with clout speak to what M/S is doing???
Please respond to the frustration I’m having

Hey there, is any workaround known?

I am re-training myself (after 20 years) to use the scroll wheel button to manipulate views.
This should be easier as the scroll wheel zooms the view.
I just need a workaround so that momentary press/hold operates move eyepoint, instead of toggle move eyepoint.

Only 40 votes. I guess nobody looks around and and hand flies the aircraft at the same time or everyone just uses toggle look around. What a shame.This will never be fixed again.

You are wrong :wink:
Latest bug-logged topics in Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums[BUG LOGGED] Freelook with mouse causes controls to freeze after SU5 - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-steer-aircraft-when-using-mouselook-right-click/426665/2

2 Likes

Yes this has been an issue since SU5 and I hoped that SU6 would fix it. ZD tickets from me too…

1 Like

Another issue is trying to bind right mouse button AND scrolling up/down for zoom (to prevent the accidental zoom when changing an altitude or frequency for example in legacy mode). It works, but then prevents only right mouse button for panning. This worked from Nov 2020 until SU5. I hope they address that too!

By the way, the OP issue only affects the aircraft in the cockpit now. SU5 affected both inside and outside the aircraft (IIRC).

The middle mouse button ‘workaround’ is much more difficult to push.

1 Like

I asked this question on the Q&A today (November 17 before SU7) they said to monitor that it ‘‘should’’ have been addressed in SU7 if not they will take a look at it if prominent!

Good news is that atleast they seem to hopefully be aware of this now.

they are aware but seems like they forget about it :smiley:

It was not fixed in SU7 nor SU8…

Let’s hope it’s addressed ASAP for SU9!

Jorg spoke about this in the Dev Q&A this week, worth a listen…

Unfortunately this still is not addressed… SU9 coming shortly and then SU10 - let’s hope something happens.

EDIT:
Ok I finally figured my issue out. And maybe this just isn’t advertised well enough.
Set right mouse button to Freelook (HOLD) - unfortunately it still blocks any other peripheral input though,
Set mouse scroll wheel to the (LOCKABLE) zoom and now it works.

I know now why the OPs issue is happening.
Setting Freelook (HOLD) blocks only allows LOCKABLE items to work. Unfortunately that blocks every other control or input that is not LOCKABLE from working too (whilst you are holding down the RMB)!

1 Like

it is a pain till today

4 Likes

ridiculous design flaw. submitted on zendesk today.

They mentioned that this was supposed to be fixed in SU10…

2 Likes

Still not fixed in SU10 and it is about to be released. When will they fix this bug? It’s been more than a year…

2 Likes

This topic needs to kept alive. TWO YEARS and it’s still an issue.

2 Likes

Just tried it in the SU12 beta, still not fixed. This is really annoying when using RMB+mouse to look around while taxiing and suddenly the rudder/steering is stuck as long as the RMB is pressed.

2 Likes