JU-52 Autopilot documentation?

Is anyone able to point to documentation describing the Ju-52 autopilot in MSFS in detail? I can’t seem to find it. Cheers

1 Like

Topic moved into General Discussion.

The SDK category is for discussion of the Software Development Kit.

1 Like

There is a description in the manual (page 14) but the autopilot function is very limited (maintain heading) and is only available on the 1939 version. Set the autopilot master (behind control column, lower switch) to “on”, use the rotating handle on the compass to select the desired heading on the lower compass register. Fly the plan manually until the heading on the top register and lower register align. Pull the button on the lower left of the compass panel. The plane will “hunt” left and right until it settles on the desired heading but may need manual input occasionally. The autopilot doesn’t affect pitch.

1 Like

Is there a manual published by MS/Asobo or do you refer to the original manual in German?

there is a pdf ‘handbook’ in the installation folder, it only has basic gauge id and general stuff like that
(i believe this is what FlightSimmer is referring to)
\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-junkers-ju52\Documentation\Handbook_Junkers_Ju52.pdf

for ‘uasage’ your probably better off looking on youtube if FlightSimmers instructions are not enough
(examples, i dont vouch for the quality of info in these vids)

4 Likes

thanks. do you know if the simulated co-pilot feature works with this addon? aka the fly-to feature?

As it happens, I have just found an excellent article on the Ju-52 in the October 1975 issue of Air International magazine.

Unfortunately, the first page is missing (looks like a printing error as there’s no sign of a page being torn out) but the rest of the article is present and after the general history and other details, a Ju-52 pilot talks through the procedures for an entire flight in detail.

I don’t remember reading anything about an autopilot, but I’ll have another look and see if he says anything.

I was planning to make a thread and print the procedures as he describes them when I have some more time (just moved my simming/VR ops to a different room in the house and still got stuff all over the place).

1 Like

Yes, it does. Make sure and select at least two waypoints in addition to your departure and destination waypoints, and set your cruise altitude before your flight, and it works just fine. I usually add waypoints 15 or 20 miles out from my departure airport and 15 or 20 miles from my destination airport, and one at the halfway point in the flight. The co-pilot wants to tag them all, so turn it on so it can tag the first waypoint, then handfly all you want as long as you let the co-pilot fly through the waypoints.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.