JU-52 Bravo Profile Thoughts?

Anybody have some bright ideas on how to configure the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant for the three-engine JU-52?

Think I’m going with 3x throttle 1x prop 1x mixture, assuming every engine has those controls. Last remaining probably flaps

Sounds about right. Can’t wait for the Youtubes!

Been wondering myself. I might have to make two profiles though. The 1939 and Retrofit version. I haven’t seen anything for Prop control in the 1939. It has starter switches in place of the Prop levers on the Retrofit.

I’m anxious to get out work and stuff to play with it tonight. And waiting for Into the Blue’s walkthrough review.

IRL this plane used throttle levers to brake wheels as well. When throttles were going less than 20% they were braking wheels. Left throttle - left brake, right - right and central for both.

That explains it. I put a few of the signs through Google Translate and saw under the throttles were labeled Brakes

It’d be cool if it was possible to map the trim wheel on the bravo to both the trim and flap axis, then use the gear lever to dictate which one it controlled. For the time being, what I’ve done is: Trim wheel, then from left to right

1. Prop lever (for the refit, controls all 3)
  2. throttle 1
  3. throttle 2
  4. throttle 3
  5. Mixture (controls all 3)
  6. Flaps lever

I kind of just ignore the gear handle and flap toggle though in theory they could be repurposed.

For the switch panel above I have my lights, but I am considering trying to configure the 3 separate magnetos with them.

When I map the flaps on an axis I map the parking brake to the flaps switch and free up the switch I usually use for the parking brakes for something else.

1 Like

I also chose prop; throttle 1;2;3; mixture; flap axis lever. Works great!

prop; throttle 1;2;3; mixture; flap axis lever sounds like a great combination, definitely going to give that a go.

does anyone know how to map the oil/lube levers? i cant find them in the keyboard mapping either

1 Like

Just thank God that it isn’t a B 36 that you are working with.

I am hoping someone can tell me the appropriate label for the Propeller and Flaps settings for the Bravo Quadrant. I tried Propeller Axis and Flaps Axis, but neither one seems to make any visible changes in the cockpit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Have a great evening.

As well as the Bravo I have a Logitech throttle quadrant which I use for mixture. On the Bravo I use 1-3 throttle and 4-6 prop.

Just wish I could buy additional throttle and prop lever, as mix and matching levers to do the same thing feels a bit odd.

For the Bravo, you can buy individual levers, gets a bit pricey. Looks like it’s in stock. Spare Parts – Honeycomb Aeronautical

1 Like

Didn’t realise - did a google search but didn’t think to go to the Honeycomb website - doh!

No worries, yes, I figured a lot of people go through other stores and wouldn’t see it. I will say, I got on their mailing list for the Bravo, then when they got a small shipment I was immediately notified and ordered. I received it less than two weeks, just before last Christmas even! In their case, I can recommend going through them.

Someone made a 3d print profile for Ju-52 levers. Thought I might share the link:

Is it possible to map the brakes to the throttle axis as in the real plane?