July 20, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

10 Likes

Updated Marketplace Backlog Chart:

3 Likes

F-4 Phantom? That’s cool!

2 Likes

Not overly impressed that users have to wait until SU13 for a fix for the White-Dot.
This should have been hot-fixed long ago. (I mean, it only took one AAU update to introduce it).

21 Likes

anyone else notice the F4 can do 40knt wheelies?

1 Like

Please let WU14 come out on time (7/23) even though it says TBA.

11 new P1 aeroplanes in the queue? Anyone know what’s coming? I’m assuming if P1 these are from reputable developers, and liveries are a separate category so it’s not all PMDG liveries for xbox users.

Also the scenery gateway says “May/June” on a feedback page updated on 20th July 2023. Are we to read that as May/June 2024 then? Perhaps it comes with MSFS 2024?

4 Likes

Another week that disappoints.

1 Like

Can’t have amazing new toys every week. This is just the normal.

Actually for PC and outside of the marketplace, the Comanche is a pretty amazing new toy this week.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s pc and your just being pc

The severe lack of incorporating hotfixes for severe game affecting issues is very concerning, I do not buy the excuse “they’re on holiday” as not every single person in the company will be on the beach all at the same time.

There needs to be better judgement and decisions during beta periods to better develop the platform to prevent these issues from being released to the public, I fear for MSFS2024 that it will be very much rinse & repeat scenario whereby we, the users, get plagued by persistent poor development values.

Please understand that new bugs during beta - especially game affecting ones - should be fixed during that beta period, not released to the public and left for months & months before a potential fix. In my opinion the current strategy to deal with these issues is not good enough and needs immediate attention, regardless of whoever is on holiday.

29 Likes

I agree with what you wrote there so much that just a like is not enough.

What he said. Beta should be used to eliminate regressions. Primary purpose.

2 Likes

I don’t see issues it’s amazing week we got the pmdg liveries :+1:.No longer have to look at that darn defualt scheme

Anyone know what WU14 will actually be? It still says “TBA”

Somthing with at least Prague.

1 Like

That sounds good. That’s a highly neglected area in Europe. So a kinda Central/Eastern European Update? Doubt they will only do one country. Even the France update got BeNeLux thrown in :slight_smile:

Where and when can we watch the dev video on demand? Would’ve been nice to include this info.

EDIT: Here it is!

4 Likes

What has always amazed me is that with every update they have meddled with something nobody was having a problem with before, and having broken something that is going to be blatantly obvious to every user, they still go ahead and release it :scream:

19 Likes

It’s available on the Microsoft Flight Simulator YouTube channel.

1 Like