July 2021 - PerformancePLUS Flighting Opportunity (Beta Test Sim Update 5)

There will be a PerformancePLUS Flighting Opportunity signup tomorrow (Wednesday). Participants will be beta-testing Sim Update 5 (SU5) scheduled for simultaneous release with the Xbox version 27-July per Product Roadmap.

The signup will start in the Xbox Insider Hub at Wednesday, June 30th at 8 am PDT (3 pm UTC).
The test will have 500 spots available, first come, first served.

12 Likes

Finally! Been waiting for this since June. I expect a forum announcement soon as well.

What exactly is it?

It’s basically the ability to download, test, evaluate, and provide feedback on the evaluation version of the next sim update before it’s released officially. Take a look at PerformancePLUS Flighting Opportunity - Microsoft Flight Simulator for official information.
Regards

1 Like

If a user was involved in the last Beta do we have to apply again, or will we be automatically enrolled on this upcoming flight test Beta?

As I’m at work tomorrow doing a 12 hour shift and it may be very difficult, if not impossible to access my MS account from work.

“In addition, we will be including subject matter experts, past active participants, 3rd parties, and more from our internal list of users. We sent out forms earlier for aircraft experts as well as peripheral testers – if you have been picked out of that group, you will be automatically added to the Xbox Insider Hub and forum group before the flight begins.”

1 Like

I guess this is DX12 related and 27 Xbox release / PC update

Hope so. I am also happy when they said “testing performance”. This test could be the “performance optimisation” update they have talked about in the Q&A’s.

BTW, to anyone who really cares about their save data (I don’t know why but ig to each their own), note that your save data will be CONVERTED to a new format and there will be no easy way to revert back to the current build of MSFS without loosing all of your save data (as noted in the official post)

Will you be able to download this on the Xbox or is it purely for Windows testing

PC only (and only the store version, not the steam version) for this opportunity.
Regards

I’ve never signed up before so I want to make sure I have this right…

We navigate to “Xbox insider hub previews ms2020 Flight Simulator” and at 800am Pacific Time we’ll now see a brand new entry line saying to select the “Join” button for the beta and then we see if we made the first 500 entries in time or not.

1 Like

That’s pretty much it!
Good Luck, and either…

1. May the Force be with you,
    or
  2. May the odds be ever in your favor!
    Regards
    (I’m assuming you have the app downloaded and installed!)

Yes I do and sharpening my mouse button finger to trigger the browser refresh button!

Good luck to you as well. May you be number 499 and I 500!!! Lol

1 Like

Hope to see you there!
Regards

1 Like

Are the testers under no disclosure agreement or they can talk about improvements? Bit anxious I am.

Yes. There’s a link to the NDA in the announcement if you want to review it.

1. Is this under NDA?
    “1. Yes this is under NDA. Please review the NDA here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/guidelines-nda/ ”.

Regards

2 Likes

With a name like “Performance Plus” and phrases such as “ This build has significant performance updates and more”, you would certainly hope so!

I doubt I’ll be quick enough to get in, good luck to those that do!

3 Likes

I wonder how many content providers will get a brand new top of the line PC and $1,000+ hardware package given to them from Microsoft to test this time around.

My guess is the first 990 testers will likely be content providers.

The MSFS development team is going to want a lot of juicy previews for the Xbox version gala.

1 Like

None of them. This is a performance test.

If they wanted good PR they’d send them the near final build a week or 2 before release, not a build from almost a month away.

Plus the only version I can see them promoting anytime soon would be the actual X-Box version, not the PC version on the X-Box patch.

Also this test is under an NDA, they wouldn’t be allowed to post anything anyways.

1 Like