July 27 update stuck in loop at every airport file

I am trying to install the July 27th update. Update goes into a loop at every airport file. I can make the update continue by deleting the airport file in “Official”, but this takes too long because I must exit FS every time and start again and it stalls again at next airport. Am I better off to reinstall the whole program?

Hi @CastledFoxy33.

If your download process is that broken, it might be worth a complete reinstall. Find the uninstall guide on Zendesk for your platfrom, and go from there https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=uninstall.

Good luck.

What about marketplace items that constantly looping re-downloading ?

I haven’t got a verified awnser for that one. However, I suspect the fix might be the same:

• Stop any downloads if possible. If not, stop the sim completely
  • Find the download/install folder probably - the directory will be called ‘official’
  • Delete the file, and restart the installation of that marketplace item

Please let me know if that works.

I ended up uninstalling MSFS and reinstalling. Seemed faster than trying to delete every offending file, which I think was every airport and landing challenge. Had to also reinstall all the world updates, one by one. Why aren’t these included in FS now? Also have to reload my add-ons now of course.

World updates are included optional content, this allows users to install only the world updates for regions that they’re interested in. For example, people who exclusively fly in Japan would probably love World Update One, but the subsequent four would be tantamount bloatware.

The obvious downside with this strategy is that we have to manually install each one when doing a fresh install with the sim. Though that wouldn’t be too bad if they improved the package manager, i.e:

1. Allowed us to download more than one package at a time (depending on server load at the time)
  2. Installing and updating packages didn’t freeze the sim UI.

I personally like to explore the world. The more World Updates the better.

Looks like some combination of deleting it in the content manager and the directory got it to actually download and install properly. Thanks.

No problem, I’m not really that surprised.

What you download through the MS Store, Steam etc. is actually a game client for the simulator. All of its files; mandatory (core content), and optional (marketplace addons) are downloaded through the same mechanism. Hence the suggestion, still good to have confirmation.

Thank you :slight_smile: