June 15, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

So…when we’ll have the next q&a? Somehow it’s not listed anywhere, will it be on next WU?

1 Like

There is no date yet. I wouldn’t expect it until after Flight Sim Expo next week.

1 Like

I presume the roadmap for FS2020 will continue at least until the release of FS2024, so there will be two or three more. It will be very interesting to see what is detailed on the next one.

I’m surprised there is no more information about the status of FS2020 after the release. The FAQ didn’t really clarify - it says FS2020 will continue to be supported after the release, but that could mean anything from having updates to keep it aligned with FS2024, to everything stops except the servers and (of course) the marketplace. Both extremes have already been speculated on in the forum, but no-one really knows.

2 Likes

If your next door neighbor is revealed to have kidnapped and murdered people people would be talking about nothing else. Doesn’t make him a success.

1 Like

The community is only talking about it, because the community is easily getting hyped, and evidently they succeeded in doing that.

We still have snow in the middle of summer in half of Switzerland but this doesn’t seem to be a priority at MS/Asobo. Live weather is a joke. Never any proper heavy rain, even when I chose the area of most rain in Europe. Just a bit of drizzle. These things worked fine initially but 3 years later they don’t and that for almost a year.

In Innsbruck everything is covered in snow when it has 20 degrees C. I wish the basics get fixed before introducing all these gimmicks and new aircraft that I don’t care about.

10 Likes

Agree. Somewhere in late 2020 I took off from Ushuaia in South America into very heavy chop and freezing rain. I couldn’t believe my eyes in terms of realism. 2.5 years later and who knows how many updates later, I have never seen that again, not even once. And I am a storm chaser :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This Development Update is all about MSFS so MSFS 2024 is irrelevant.

6 Likes

That looks like my stock prices. :wink:

3 Likes

And yet the only drama is here on these forums. The rest of the world is getting on with looking forward to the 2024 version

15 Likes

The most important question has been answered. All our add-ons will work the same in MSFS 2024. We’ve seen the trailer, the partly enhanced graphics/scenery and many of the new career/gameplay options. Any other details regarding the new version is minor compared to the add-on compatibility. Any drama that still lingers on these forums is not founded and made up by the community itself. As much as it is exciting to hear anything more about MSFS 2024, since it’s at least a year off we should just continue to enjoy the ever evolving current simulator (CU2 and AAU2 are around the corner). Whatever 2024 offers is way into the future.

8 Likes

I just pray for the day when they run out of cities and we stop seeing these. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This entire forum is about msfs so i suppose it will shut down next year? /S

Wait - AAU2 update is June 23 or June 29? The roadmap says June 23, but the blog is now saying June 29? Which is it?

It all depends on how you fly it… It will be updated when Asobo release a native autogyro flight model.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. The correct target date for AAU_02 is Thursday, June 22. We have updated the blog post with this correction.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

11 Likes

Oh yes. Because that’s definitely a valid comparison for how marketing works.

My point is that just because everyone is talking about something doesn’t make it great marketing. You know that.

1 Like

The roadmap says “Fanous Flyer 7”. Shouldn’t that be #6?

I just wish they would offer us a one time purchase of maybe $400 so I could buy them all in one go.

1 Like