Junkers Ju 52 registration plate in the cockpit doesn't change to what you set as your registration

This is for both PC and Xbox.

Regarding the new Junkers, i noticed on the retrofit version that the registration plate in the cockpit doesnt change to what you set as your registration, on the classic version it does.

Also I personally think the classic version liveries should also be available for the retro version and the aviators and xbox liveries should in turn be available for the classic version. Also the ski and float versions should have these liveries. Hope this can be added and fixed.

Btw a retractable landing gear for the float version would be great

Love the aircraft though.

Some more bugs on the JU:

• On some peoples setup flight model is off as the aircraft seems to generate too much lift
    https://youtu.be/6PDibbucXhI

• On neither of the models the wings landing lights extend. The 1939 versions don’t even seem to feature a switch for these to extend, on the modernized version the switches do nothing at all

• Landing light positions are wrong - these belong to the extending lights which don’t extend. Instead they are at the same position as the taxi lights

• Cockpit light control on the 1939 versions does not work

• No dome lights are implemented, instead panel lights are turned on using the dome light switch on retro version

• Light positions are off when it comes to navigation, strobe and beacon lights

• Tail strobe is not rotated 180°, so it is visible from the front but not from the back where it belongs

• Moving prop reflections seem to be too strong as they reflect too much light from sun and landing lights

I “fixed” the light positions on my own in user light editor - Colleagues at Asobo, feel free to use these values:

lightdef.0 = LIGHT_Asobo_NavigationRed, 1.55, -47.79, 1.12, 0, 0, 0
lightdef.1 = LIGHT_Asobo_NavigationGreen, 1.55, 47.79, 1.12, 0, 0, 0
lightdef.2 = LIGHT_Asobo_BeaconTop, -11.83, 0.0, 4.7, 0, 0, 0
lightdef.3 = LIGHT_Asobo_BeaconBelly, -5.53, 0.0, -4.57, 0, 180, 0
lightdef.4 = LIGHT_Asobo_StrobeSimple, 1.1, -47.79, 1.12, 0, 90, 0
lightdef.5 = LIGHT_Asobo_StrobeSimple, 1.1, 47.79, 1.12, 0, -90, 0
lightdef.6 = LIGHT_Asobo_StrobeSimple, -36.4, 0.0, 11.14, 180, 0, 0

Smooth shading is missing on the electric panel of the modern version:

4 Likes

Sound is too quiet for me.

Also. exhaust blur effect is only visible from the cockpit. (Missing in external view)

Nice list. Well done. I would suggest packaging it up and sending it thru Zendesk. A guaranteed way to get on the morning bug report. Something tells me this will get lost here.

2 Likes

I might do that too, thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Edit: Filed through Zendesk

2 Likes

Just right now I was wondering if the models differ in the lift they have. The retro one was just going up steady in regular trim setup while the 1939 edition was climbing with 2000fpm right off “the pitch”. So that’s not the way how it should behave? The should only differ in the cockpit?

From what I know the 1939 ones and the retro version differ from engine data as Asobo modeled two different engine types on purpose :slight_smile:

In case anyone is unsure about this one, I did a very lengthy and detailed review of it:

1 Like

I see but I would expect different performance values ingame then. How can they have the same top speed but differ with like 2k fpm climb speed.

Yeah, they dont have same speed. The 1939 is much faster, has +200hp more per engine

The 1939 is to be flown then :smiley:

The missing superchargers would appear to be a significant bug to say the least, hope this is added in an upcoming update.

1 Like

Hello,
I changed your title. With a title of “Junkers JU52”, nobody is ever going to know what your topic was about without looking into it, and it makes searching for your topic very difficult.

Unfortunately this is an issue that won’t be fixed due to some legal circumstances, and only the airframe on that version is customizable. Closing. Thank you for reporting!