Jurassic Park Island - "Isla Nublar" (Fictional scenery)

I know, far more important issues about the program should merit Asobo/Microsoft’s attention at this point in order to make our flight experience more solid. As they say: “you have to walk before you run". So pease don’t chew me up on my recommendation. I also believe that it should be made after all major issues have been solved with the real world scenery. But it’s great to have it on the wishlist and start to to have support.

So think about it! How cool would it be if some third party software developer (or Asobo) modelled “Isla Nublar”, the famous island from the movie Jurassic Park, which is part of a complex of islands called “Las Cinco Muertes Archipelago“ located 200 miles southwest off the coast of Costa Rica and of course recreate the whole park and the wildlife in it.

You can spend hours flying around discovering the different dinosaur species - “they are moving in herds. They do move in herds” - or try and complete a variety of challenges/missions available with a point award system. For e.g: Fly John Hammond and four of his guests with the Agusta A-109 from Costa Rica to the island. Complete your mission by recreating the infamous and challenging landing on the helipad next to the waterfalls. Or have a rescue extraction mission with a Beechcraft King Air. I mean you can go wild with the scenarios and missions and it will engage young audience and those who are not so hardcore simmers even more into the software. It will be bring a new fresh and adventurus perspective without having to go wild (no gamification needed).

What do you guys think?

118391136_10164006759200484_3783663382412306858_n

P.S: I know the movie locations exist in numerous places in Hawai (Kauai), which you can fly over in the sim. That’s not the point though. The point is to experience the fictional location with the wildlife, the facilities and all the familiar landmarks, as they were in the movie in order to relive the cinematic fantasy one more time.

I guess it could work.

I like the idea

I brought this idea up before… sadly, I think the beta forums are not visible anymore. I think it’d be great

Well, there was a fictional island in one of the more exciting FSX missions, containing a secret base, which you got to by following an ekranoplan if memory serves me correctly, so why not - I support this as potential future ‘DLC’ :sunglasses:

I’m in too !!

As an 3rd Party / Optional addon, yes, I would love too

I say optional, so when I want to fly Airliners and that I fly over this area, I want to be able to disable the Island :wink:

I’m really a fan of the above JP proposal, but let’s kick off 2022 with another remarkable fictional scenery…

What about a city like this… MSFS could produce a better image, especially lighting and clouds…

A Island with Dinosaurs? lol Yes you got my vote

1 Like

I actually thought it was a real singular location where the film was shot.

Imagine my disappointment to discover after some Googling that it doesn’t exist and “Isla Nubar” is a combination of Peru, Costa Rica and a few other places spliced together. :pensive:

This also made me sad when I tried looking it up in an Atlas after reading the book (before the movie released)…. Yup waaaay back in the 90’s before Google…. Anyone remember AskJeeves???