Just finished the Nevada bush trip. Wow!

I have delayed trying out the Nevada bush trip, mainly because I was terrified of the savage cub thinking it would be difficult to fly (I was wrong, it’s a beautiful plane to fly!)

All I can say about this bush trip is just wow! Apart from a couple of dodgy descriptions that appeared to be swapped over, it is simply an impressive route over some amazing scenery! By far the best of all bush trips I have done (including my own :joy:)

Whoever created it is a genius!

6 Likes

Yeh, it was the first one I did. Felt like a really fun puzzle tour without the GPS.

If fact, so much so, that once I found out the other trips were in aircraft with a GPS equipped, I deleted the route from the AP, zoomed the map all the way in (so it’s practically useless), and flew all the other bush trips in that same way as well.

I had a blast puzzling my way through all of them, sometimes having to turn around to find that landmark, but getting to the destination in the end feels a lot better :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That one was fun! I did it pretty early on. Really challenging finding some of the grass strips, you had to pay close attention to time and heading. Since I learned to fly IRL before GPS was active I had a similar experience, but at least I had VOR to check my location. For me, Lake Tohoe was a real treat.

2 Likes

Ah, the days when Perfect Flight wasn’t writing these: “Turn to heading 253 and fly for 38 nm to the next town. Turn to heading 45 and fly 28 nm to the next town.”

1 Like

Where i can download this bush trip ?

It was one of the original 3 bush trips released along with the game, so you should already have it.

If not (you might have removed it?), you can check the content manager on your profile page.

The Nevada trip has some magic to me, as it was the very first bush trip I ever started in the sim back in the alpha days. But never got around to finish it… yet!

I can highly recommend the French bush trip ( Pyrenees, Alpes)! Very nice scenery and interesting airports/strips.

This is my third bush trip (on Xbox) and I love it. Old-fashioned navigation, and it is better to prepare flights in advance by looking at Google Map.
Finding the airports is a real challenge: hey, what is it? a field, a road or a runway?

I even landed on the wrong airport :laughing: It doesn’t matter, we take off again and we will land a few kilometers further.

For refueling (and it’s the same for other trips), I use a keyboard. I have configured a special key (²) with the “refuel and repair” function, so that I can refuel very easily.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.