Just Flight / Black Square - Real Taxiways USA - Class B, C, D & Non-towered Airports

This product looks pretty cool!

I appreciate products like this. Hopefully it releases soon!

4 Likes

I wonder how/if this will conflict with the Zinertek runway texture addon.

There is a runway texture addition that I bought in the marketplace (I think), and I am kind of wondering the same thing… hopefully it doesn’t conflict, if it does, I guess we have to decide which one we like better BUT, hopefully the two products are complimenting each other, like, runway textures only for the one program, and taxiway corrections in the other… I feel like it’s cliché, but, stay in your taxi-lane?

2 Likes

Or possibly name the addon folders in a way that one gets loaded before the other, something like that? The other mod also changes all the taxiway markings, hold short markers etc. I see a lot of potential overlap here, but not the runway textures themselves so there’s that.

1 Like

Yes, agreed. I’m hoping this new product I’ve linked above is more like a navigational update of sorts in that taxiways will now be in proper positions more than before (kind of like how Navigraph updates the navdata in a sim, maybe JustFlight’s product will update taxiway positions in the sim) . . .

1 Like

So, no Class A Airports (non in USA in any case)

And No Class B Airports

Many of which are not Auto-Generated in MSFS, so may have half decent runway markings etc …

Arizona:

California:

Colorado:

Florida:

Georgia:

Hawaii:

Illinois:

Kentucky:

Louisiana:

Maryland:

Massachusetts:

Michigan:

Minnesota:

Missouri:

Nevada:

New Jersey:

New York:

North Carolina:

Ohio:

Pennsylvania:

Tennessee:

Texas:

Utah:

Virginia:

Washington:

Leaving all the rest with potential Improvements – I’ll take that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Many of the default US class B airport taxiways have already been updated by Asobo over the past few months to show correct taxiway names and signs. I know for sure that this is the case at KDTW, and though I have not been looking for it specifically in recent t flights, I think it is also the case at KLAX and KATL.

Some maybe yes – but very few airport I visit in the sim DO NOT have taxiway lights in the middle of taxiways and entries to runways.
It looks like “Real taxiways United State” may be successfully addressing this in the airports it covers. ?

If I understand this addon correctly, it just adds correct taxiway naming and signs (not ground textures) while the Zinertek addon (which I can highly recommend) changes the ground textures.

I don’t see them conflicting since it’s two different areas.

3 Likes

Mod Edit: This post was moved from a duplicate thread

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020’s latest announcement from the Studios of JustFlight have been towards their latest development at Real Taxiways.

This focus would be mainly towards the region of US. A good idea I’d say, add-ons like these are great , they can bag more value towards your purchase by giving you back more as it would be implemented on a larger scale.

BlackSquare is another studio and with the help of their partnership, JustFlight are moving towards progressing on this area of development.

What exactly this add-on does is that it replaces the default taxiway signs at Class C and D Airports all over the US. Now, if you are new towards knowing about the class of airports, there are six classes of airports, more like airspace that is controlled. The fundamentals are towards flight rules and interactions between aircraft and the ATC, which is the air traffic control. So don’t get overwhelmed when you hear these terms.

On other side,

Zinertek need little bit work with their addon (I bought it and is +/- ok) because I expect better outlined taxi way lines, their new color is better than msfs yellow bright but still they need to do corrections.

Is there a problem with the release of Justflight Real Taxiways? It says it is in stock but you can’t order it. Everything is out, including the manuals

This product has not yet been released and is still in testing phase.

So it looks like Just Flight - Real Taxiways USA is out today.

I have some mixed feelings about it. This seems like something that MSFS should already do accurately. I also worry that MSFS does finally do taxiways properly and I wasted $40 USD.

My current work around when using Pilot2ATC is to use Navigraph Charts and enable moving maps.

Then again having fixed taxiways today sounds good.

Has anyone else installed and ran it yet?

Clumsy did a review.

3 Likes

Curious to know if the in-game ATC uses the new taxiway designations when providing taxi clearance.

1 Like

Installed at my home airport KERI. Still have taxiway lights all over on the taxiways. Very disappointing for the cost!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. These payware companies really do need to have a “Try before You Buy” feature. Maybe a time limited demo. But, they would probably not sell nearly as much, if they did that.

2 Likes

I purchased and loaded it yesterday and am pleased with it. Not only are the taxiways accurate but the signs are more legible, even in VR. For those who have issues with the price, I modified the taxiways and signage on several of my favorite airports. It’s an awful lot of work. I don’t know how the developers did what they did, but if they had to modify all of these airports by hand, $40 is a bargain.

1 Like

That is disappointing to hear. I fly out of or to KERI on occasion.

Here’s KERI. Lights everywhere on taxiways.