Just Flight PA-28R - List of issues or wishlist

I’ve just noticed this too, to the point to submit a ticket about it. (Will do tomorrow)

I don’t do flight plans much, AP gps nav. But I did do one yesterday. Just a short one into Daytona from somewhere south of there. About a 30 flight. New plane so I thought It o give it a good shake down, mainly from the other posts about the heading switch still being active even though ap has been turned off.

First I noticed that it kept zig zagging the route. Nothing abrupt, just wouldn’t hold the line. Probably to 4 or 5 minutes between each zig or zag ( lol sorry don’t know a better way to describe it) Anyway so what really got my attention was following the localizer on approach. Way way off line. Slewed back out for some testing, would never come it right. Changed airports, same thing. Changed to the 172 classic (wondering if it was gns530 mod) that was fine.

I did see that turning off nav, (or the whole AP) and back on then it would turn back towards the line, but then still would go past and not hold it.

I did try it again after dumping the community folder. Same thing. Even unplugged my HC bravo just to see if there was some conflict with the AP bindings.

In windy conditions it will suddenly dip its nose or yaw a few degrees left or right which I know is normal. But, the piper’s reaction is like a robot. Think of doing the robot dance. Sudden, unnatural motions. Happens with manual flying and autopilot.

4 Likes

First two points are fixed and will be included in the update that will be out tomorrow or Thursday latest. Thanks.

3 Likes

All sorted and will be in the update that is due out tomorrow or Thursday latest.

1 Like

Your opinion is your own and you’re entitled to it of course. Luckily lots of people think differently and are loving the Arrow. That said some of the points you have listed are being looked at and will feature in the update that is due out tomorrow or Thursday latest.

Fixed and will be fine once the new update is applied and released, tomorrow or Thursday latest

3 Likes

Pretty excited for that :slight_smile:
Do you have any first-hand update on the Turbo Arrows release date?

I did not find any problem with the Just flight Arrow’s panel switches. It is the Carenado Arrow that has beacon and strobe light cockpit panel switch problem and it exists without using FSUIPC. With FSUIPC they do work but the assignments in FSUIPC appear to be swapped. I have created a ticket reporting my observations with Carenado support.

Turbo Arrow is two to three weeks away probably. Hard to say exactly as more post release work required on the Arrow due to you fussy buggers! :smiley:

If we don’t lose too much time then the above timeframe might be met, a lot depends on the testing of the FDE side of things and subsequent testing, tweaking, repeat…

Hope that helps.

7 Likes

Can I assume you saw the couple of cleaned up interiors that @Archer374 released on Flightsim.to?

2 Likes

Headed west…

First pic you can see the wavering while headed to the VOR at Sarasota. This was on Nav 2. When closer, switched to Nav 1 to intercept the ILS. You can see the the second pic how it didn’t quite get me over the runway.

Holding off on submitting a ticket ATM for the update coming in a day or two, as there quite a list fixes :slight_smile:

Forthcoming update Changelog
Update due very soon

Latest Update:

The below log shows all updates for this product since release:

Here’s a list of the most significant changes that’ll be included in the first PA28 Arrow MSFS update:

• Icing effects added

• Propeller animations fixed

• Improvements to exterior surface detail and decals added for higher texture resolution in previously lower resolution exterior and cockpit areas

• GNS 430/530 - Power functionality and backlighting added, 2D pop-outs fixed

• Fuel selector can now be controlled using ‘FUEL SELECTOR 1 LEFT/OFF/RIGHT’ assignments

• Tweaks to autopilot roll control

• Improvements to FDE - idle RPM fixed, vibration/wobble reduced

• VR compatibility fixes

• Support added for the following ‘set’ control assignments - Battery, alternator, beacon light, landing light, navigation lights, strobe lights, pitot heat

• Landing light illumination area increased

• Cockpit texture resolution no longer reduced with lower graphical settings selected

• Autopilot and navigation lights circuit breakers now affect associated systems

• Autopilot heading mode active without autopilot engaged - fixed

• Tutorial flight files added

• Engine priming and start tweaked for greater realism, manual updated to provide more information on engine priming before start up

• Wind direction reversed on EFB - fixed

• Navigation mode will now default to VLOC/NAV unless state saving is enabled and GPS mode was selected on previous flight

• CDI on NAV/OBS 1 now responds correctly to GPS course

• GPS 100 sometimes stuck in self-test mode - fixed

• Manual changes to transponder code sometimes not triggering response from ATC - fixed

• Transponder mode changes not being recognised by ATC - fixed

• Rudder trim direction reversed - fixed

• COM and NAV audio idents - fixed

• EFB and GPS 100 displays no longer refresh when not in use for improved performance (FPS). EFB automatically turns off when hidden.

• OAT indicator fixed

• ELT set to ON when selecting cold & dark state - fixed

• Environment (e.g. cloud, taxi markings) sometimes visible in footwell - fixed

• inHG barometric setting option added to altimeters

• Mixture ‘decrease incrementally’ assignment fixed

8 Likes

Nice, where did you find that changelog?
There should also be an entry about the “refill oil” and “recharge battery” not working properly.
Pressed the recharge battery today prior departure, took off and noticed the landing gear won’t retract until the low voltage warning light comes off which took a while until the battery was charged by the alternator…

Also the ISA gauge always displays 3-6kts more than the readout via SimConnect and the exterior view gauge.

On their site when I was looking for where to submit a bug report.

2 Likes

Ahh thanks. That’s a weird spot to bury the changelog :grin:
Looking forward to test it…

It’s in there just for now to help the support team when dealing with lots of tickets and repetitive so they can point to it so folk know what’s on the way. The update will be here pretty soon so it’ll then turn into a normal changelog entry.

6 Likes

Thatnks for making that available it’s an impressive list of fixes.
Always great to see companies that are serious about supporting their products.

5 Likes

Yes, same problem here with the jerking. I thought it was the simulator so I loaded in Carenado’s Seminole in the same weather conditions and it was smooth as silk.

The sound is probably the best of all actual Aircraft in MSFS but still could be improved noticable

The SOUND of ENGINE is not really separated to the WIND sound ( it is on “outside” level slider but also in Engine itself)
It kills lot of inmesrion . With speed you do not really notice/hear it much increasing .
turning all other in the slider /settings off you still hear some quite loud " windSound" in the engine ,also with “in cockpit headset”( its the same as the one you can disable separatly)
MSFS so as Xplane has big lack regarding what is possible to do. A Simulation means to get to feeling of and this is firtplace GRAPHICS but second SOUND for Inmersion and to get the “feeling as if…” specially for those who love VR
. A clear Benchmark for that is
IL2 STURMOVIK please try this is . It is miles away forward, the wind, every place you move your head , forward , side turn around,it changes feelslike dynamic and iin the air , speed increasing wind sound , the engine when it gets overpoverd too long , or when you lean your head to your window and so on.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty impressive list. Thanks!

I have to say I am really happy with this plane, but I noticed the ground handling is extremly stable, compared to other planes. It was impossible for me to dip one wing only a littlebit down, even at higher speeds. Maybe some real pilot could tell, if the real plane behaves so stable at ground?
And while airborne I noticed the reaction to rudder input seems very static and the plane feels a bit like flying on rails. I noticed the same after doing a hammerhead turn and the nose points down very stabilized without much oscillation or movement.
I am not a real pilot but this was my first impression after some test flights with this plane and maybe the handling could be improved a little bit to make the plane feel more alive.