Just Flight Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II

What makes you think the updraft is due to the hill and not just wind gusts? (asking)

Landing on a windy day can be pretty crazy due to wind shear in that last 1000 ft to the ground, even where it is relatively flat ground. If a front is moving through and/or there are clouds, wind direction near the ground can be pretty variable.

Is tire friction fully implemented by Asobo?

Because it coincided precisely with the hill, and similarily when I’ve been flying STOL planes around the area they’ve also had the same experience ( ±600fpm over a small hill in the Wilga the other day, that got interesting given the strip was on top of the next hill! ). One strip is right next to me IRL, & I know the approach isn’t really that exciting even on a stormy day…

Unless sometihng changed recently then wheels are points, so they hop along the ground until you stop. You can get away with using point contacts if there’s a bit of a contact range rather than having to touch the surface ( to simulate tyre compression, for instance ) but I’m not sure how Asobo have done it.

1 Like

Tbh all small planes suffer atm, though the 146 as well, very tail waggy and even a mild 1-2 knot wind change feels like a gale. Pretty hard to test the planes when Asobo gives us these winds (on live weather mind you)

1 Like

How about if you set it while in the game using the weight toolbar?

1 Like

Double check in the EFB and see if you have state saving on? If you do, you wont be able to set the fuel in the main menu, you’ll need to add fuel from the weight menu once you’ve loaded up the sim.

2 Likes

In case anyone doesn’t check their forums regularly, JF are planning on releasing an update to all three(four) of their PA28’s within the next week or two. Revised flight model (for the pitch jerks), WT GNS compatibility and more.

5 Likes

I just hope it reaches the marketplace soon…

1 Like

I’m assuming the “pitch jerks” fix is really so that those with yokes with a shorter throw on pitch get a better experience. I never found them to be that twitchy.

1 Like

It’s to do with pitch jerks being caused by wind effects/turbulence which is unrealistic compared to the real aircraft. There’s a huge thread about it on their Arrow subforum.
I’ve had access to the flight model update for a while and it’s much improved.

3 Likes

Certainly the new flight model is very good.

1 Like

There’s a vid I did of an approach with it just up the thread - there’s still rather wild yaw swings due toi gusts ( the 414 which is generally a heavy aircraft is worse ), but you can see it just ploughs straight through most of the short-phase bumps. It’s also got a fairly heavy feel again.

1 Like

Great to hear there is a tentative timeframe on the updates. I haven’t flown the Warrior or their Arrow much since I first heard they were working on updating them. Just took the Warrior for a quick spin and realize how much I miss it!

2 Likes

It’s about to become the best, again!

An update from JF about the upcoming FDE improvements:

Hi all. Apologies for the lack of update, we’ve had a few attempts at release for these PA28 updates but have been frustrated by ongoing compatibility issues with the latest WT GNS, which became much more widely used following AAU1. We are now working directly with the WT team to track down and fix the issue, and we’ll then be able to release the Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II updates.

The latest versions of the PMS-50 GTN and TDS GTNXi are supported now, and we’ve added the EFB functionality from our 146 (Navigraph/SimBrief support, moving map etc).

12 Likes

We’re hoping to have the WT GNS compatibility issue fixes this week, and we can then release all the PA28 updates.

Martyn - Just Flight

16 Likes

Are the any news regarding this post?

We managed to fix the GNS issue with the assistance of the WT team and are finalising the update, with the aim of releasing this week:

• Latest TDS GTNXi models/textures added
  • Compatibility with latest versions of Working Title GNS, PMS-50 GTN and TDS GTNXi (including new autopilot logic)
  • EFB functionality upgrades:
    • Import your SimBrief flight and view a summary or scrollable full OFP
    • Monitor your position in real time using a map view with tracking, zoom and pan options
    • Explore and view your Navigraph charts, with automatic selection of departure and arrival airports based on your SimBrief OFP, and ability to favourite charts for quick reference
    • Use a notepad for making notes during the flight, particularly useful for noting down clearances and taxi instructions
    • Interactive checklists, in addition to the existing MSFS checklist support
    • A top-of-descent calculator with the option to manually input altitudes, speeds and descent requirements or to have those sync’d from the sim
    • An on-screen/virtual keyboard, especially useful for VR users
    • METARs for your SimBrief OFP departure, arrival and alternate airports
  • Animations and cockpit interactions updated for compatibility with LOCK interaction mode and Xbox
  • Flight model updates (greater pitch stability and better ground handling)
  • Trim sensitivity slider added to EFB, allowing you to fine tune the sensitivity of the pitch trim
  • Improved spark plug fouling simulation
  • Vertical speed hold hidden clickspot added to autopilot panel - with altitude hold engaged, clicking on the vertical speed clickspot will engage vertical speed hold mode, holding the vertical speed that existed at the point of engagement
  • Dynamic baggage added - a variety of baggage will appear in the baggage compartment, depending on the selected payload weight
  • Smoother cockpit pushbutton animations
  • GNS 530/430 screens resized to prevent edge clipping
  • Support added for SET ELECTRICAL FUEL PUMP 1 control assignment
  • Throttle quadrant cursor icons (hand/grab) updated to make it easier to see when your cursor is moving between levers
  • Gap around NAV 1 OBI - fixed
  • Wing fuel tank cap positions fixed
  • Primer knob sound fixed

Martyn - Just Flight

32 Likes

Wow sounds great!!! Is there a chance that the „rocket climb issue“ will be fixed too within this update?

I was kind of hoping for a refresh to the interior textures as well but that’s maybe expecting too much.

This is just great Martin. Thank you.

1 Like