Just Flight Warrior - unable to stall

I have seen the Warrior stall and spin on Youtube, but mine refuses, with or without flaps. My Warrior is very forgiving, corrects himself, no stall warning. In fly a Warrior in real life so I know what to (and what not).
Would appreciate help, what am I doing wrong (Logitech Flight Yoke system).
Thank you!
Ben

Did you update to the latest version (from maybe a week ago), I think it is a lot more accurate in the slow flight regime and in landing and take-off stalls than when it was first released. Definitely the stall horn sounds. I find the stalling behavior quite accurate to real life (I also fly the warrior). I’ve also successfully attempted to spin it in the sim (not in real life), and it appears quite believable. Make sure you have all settings set to realistic…

Are all pilot assists turned off?

I don’t see on their web page a version so I don’t know if I have the latest version

It would be in your orders.

Noticed the same thing. With power off, in a clean configuration, it mushed along and finally started a slow descent but there was no stall break.

Flying the latest build.

Exactly. I fly the latest version, all assists are off. Maybe something in the sensitivities of the yoke, have tried but will try once more.

1 Like

I’m using a Virtual Fly Yoko+ at 0 percent on all sliders, and I nearly wrenched it off the desk trying to hold full up elevator. Don’t have to do that with any other aircraft. Doesn’t feel like the issue is controller sensitivity, to me at least.

It’s a great aircraft in every other respect.

I also fly the Warrior II real life and the stall and spin characteristics are benign to say the least. You’ll buffet and then drop a wing and the nose follows quickly - which of course, builds your airspeed rapidly back to the green.
As PathlessSpore mentions above; the latest update improves real life behaviour in these flight conditions.
You actually have to apply a hell of a lot of yaw to get it spin and recovery involves nothing more than re-introducing coordinated flight.
Something of a disappointment if you’re trying to bring your breakfast up!

Check out some stalls here;

3 Likes

That’s the thing, though - I’m not getting the buffet or the wing drop, just a nose-up mush.

I think I’d better go check the version number and make sure I really am on the latest build.

1 Like

Well, Alan, are you actually Stalling it?

It really takes quite a heaving up on the yoke - really quite past anything you’ve done - the problem here is that Just Flight have modelled “Washout on the Ailerons and Stabs” - so, unless you’ve got your Controllers right up front - then you’ll wash on the Stall too - and not really be able to get into it. I wish Just Flight would address this immediately because it ruins the Warrior II - with unrealistic behaviour, etc.

Frightfully inconvenient.

1 Like

Well, what I’ve done is to pull the yoke back to the full up-aileron stop with so much force that it pulled the Yoko unit off my desk - which in normal use is not at all easy to do.

All I can think of is I’m not getting to full travel early enough.

Or that I somehow installed an earlier build. I didn’t think I had - didn’t buy until 0.2.3 was issued - but maybe something got screwed up.

Not at the computer now but I’ll have a look later and check back in.

No Alan, I think, really it’s an oversight on Just Flight’s side.

Control Surface washout at low KIAS is massively overdone.
Really quite tedious in fact and off-putting.

Do you mean that in the simulator e.g. turns in slow flight are a lot harder to control than in real life? If so, I have noticed that too…

@wazitdoinnow - That’s a shame. It’s so good in just about all other respects.

Seems like something they might be able to fix. Here’s hoping.

Great forum handle, BTW…

2 Likes

Yes. Agreed - it does handle wonderfully in all other aspects of flight.
It’s just that Low Speed Washout that kills it.

Both Arrows are pretty much the same as that.

1 Like

Really? I don’t have either of them.
Shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

It’s just overdone - you should have good authority on the ailerons all the way down to 45 KIAS whereas, with the Just Flights - you lose it round about 55 KIAS - which just isn’t right.

320 Simpilot on Youtube can stall the Warrior, no problem. See from minute 16:

1 Like

He describes it as a pre-release build.

Wonder if something changed between then and release.