Just Flight's FS Traffic for MSFS

We will bring you an update on the project along with some latest screenshots next week folks. Sorry for the perceived lack of comms from us on this one. It’s not the easiest add-on to provide continued updates for - lots of coding going on in the background as I hope you’ll all appreciate. More soon…

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Just to introduce myself, my name’s John and I’m part of the development team at Just Flight, and I’m currently working on FS Traffic. As @SinewyDolphin74 says we have been busy but I couldn’t resist ending the week by showing you some of progress in terms of modelling and liveries as well as a little update.

Whilst all has been quiet, I can confirm that development of FS Traffic is progressing well. Over the past few months we have been working with a team of artists who have been creating over 700 liveries across 43 models, comprising of the various real world aircraft types/engine. Recently we made the decision to add the 747-400 to the fleet. Here she is awaiting the paint shop.

To address some of the questions and concerns posted this forum and elsewhere; like any other developer we are at the mercy of the simulator when it comes to limitations but we will work with Asobo to iron these out over time. FS Traffic won’t replace any live traffic but we will be including flight plans for both pre and post pandemic years, along with tools so that you can manage flight plans and aircraft to your hearts content. Let me allay any fears about experiences with much older traffic expansions; FS Traffic is a completely new product with brand new models and code. It’s being developed by our in-house team so you can expect the same high level of support as with any of our aircraft products.

I’ll bring you more info soon and in the meantime we will regularly be dipping into the forums to answer any questions and discuss any feedback you have.

28 Likes

Super…can’t wait I’m really looking forward to it!!!

1 Like

Same here ! Models look very promising

1 Like

So if I’m right you can choose to only use the live traffic? I think at this point the FS2020 live traffic is enough but would like to see that the correct plane and livery shows up.

1 Like

Eagerly waiting for this! Personally, im not interested in the AI Traffic, but more in the models/repaints for VATSIM use.

Will it come with a ready ModelMatching file for VATSIM?
How about a separate, cheaper, version than only includes the models/repaints for VATSIM, without any of the flightplans and tools :slight_smile:

Just Flight are one of the very few devs that I trust to get things right (as right as possible at the time) and not to abandon their products after release.

I’m definitely in when it comes out.

5 Likes

If MSFS traffic worked properly and had correctly matched models and liveries none of these kind of addons would be necessary. Fortunately we have third party devs filling in the holes in MSFS.

3 Likes

You mean it’s kind of how it was always planned?

I don’t know about you but I’m more than happy with the sixty bucks I spent buying MSFS2020.

You should be able to use the models with the default live traffic if you wish. We will make sure the Aircraft configs contain the correct ICAO type codes to make this possible. You will be still restricted to whatever limitations exist in the default live traffic system though. We still believe the best way to create a convincing airport scene is with offline traffic at the moment.

Model matching is something we are currently looking into. Unlikely we will be offering a separate product.

5 Likes

Yes its a shame we just cant get what I would like and possible quite a few other people too. Live traffic in real time give or take 20 seconds that shows up on MFD’s and is recognised by the games ATC, proper parking at all airport gates and jetways working too, all with correct models and liveries.

1 Like

In regard of GA traffic for this product, one of the dev’s wrote at AVSIM:

“Not something we are looking into right at this moment. As for the future, you never know”

So,for me sadly this product will be out of question.

Don’t know why every commercial Ai traffic developer thinks the majority of flight simmers only fly tubeliners from big mega hubs.

We GA flyers got constantly overlooked.

6 Likes

The sky is full of GA flyers by enabling mufti player. Secondly when you look up, in the UK at least GA are rarely sighted whereas jet liners are a regular occurrence. The fact is the sky is dominated by commercial airlines, not GA.

You know you could use enhanced live traffic alongside a product like FS Traffic Semor76 and just enable GA in ELT. That gives you live GA.

1 Like

The problem is, GA doesnt opperate according to scheduled Flightplans. Commercial Traffic Flightplans are available and can be used for AI Traffic Tools. For GA, this is not possible.

Either one does it manually, or they have to create a tool that generates such flightplans randomly. And to get traffic at every single small airport around the world, wow, i amagine that would be quite a bit of data needed to be generated.

Not thats its not possible at all, other Traffic tools for FSX/P3D did cover GA, but its just a bit more work, than simply immport/export available Flightplan-Data.

But im with you, If i would use AI-Traffic, id like to have GA Traffic aswell.

4 Likes

Theres a mod on flightsim.to that will add ga traffic back and it works in online real traffic mode but they and generic planes Offline AI Traffic - Stock Traffic BGL Fix » Microsoft Flight Simulator

The problem is, we dont know if such mods wouuld work when using other 3rd party AI-Traffic solutions.

-The sky is full of GA flyers by enabling mufti player.

Not everybody wants to fly with multiplayer. To see people doing all kind of silly things in MP is immersion breaking and many people dont like this.

-in the UK at least GA are rarely sighted whereas jet liners are a regular occurrence

Nope, just look at FR24 the sky is full of GA’s in central Europe if the weather situation allows it.

-You know you could use enhanced live traffic alongside a product like FS Traffic

ELT still has the Airplane Teleporting bug. Sorry, but this also breaks the immersion for me.

On top of this, the current GA traffic with Asobos default planes has a bug with the LOD’s which causes the plane only shows its navigation lights untill you’re really on top of them.

My only hope are the guys from AIG but their development of GA traffic is at a snail pace and can take ages.

So,yes “We GA flyers got constantly overlooked.” still stands.

2 Likes

agree, Multiplayer is not an option for anyone who is sane and wants a realistic experience.
But anyway, i guess the wishes are placed, we vote for an option to include offline GA-AI-Traffic.

3 Likes

I know…

But again, the mod uses the Asobo default models and those has a bug with the LOD’s which causes the planes only shows its navigation lights untill you’re really on top of them.

1 Like

Online traffic? Give me a break. It’s full of XBox kids doing loop the loops or attempting landings on rooftops. That’s fine for Arcade gamers but it’s not the place to go if you want a GA sim experience.

4 Likes