Just went up in a real Pitts

Well the G-Force meter is there for a reason LOL, wow what an experience. Did some barrel rolls, a loop and a straight up vertical to stall point and then rudder down. Amazing.

1 Like

Lucky! I bet it was soooo cool! \o/ :small_airplane: :sunglasses: :+1:t2:

It was incredible, such a raw feeling of flying.

Here’s the take-off from EGMJ.

Ha, I bet you won’t be able to get the grin off your face for days! :smiley:

1 Like

So when I went for my flight today, the instructor had me to a loop by pushing down on the stick until we saw 160mph (not knots) and then to pull back on the stick and hold until we went all the way up and round back to level.

We then did a barrel roll by first getting some speed by pushing nose down, then pulling up until nose was just above horizon, then pushing stick hard left until it rolled back to centre and then push stick back to centre.

We then did a vertical climb and stall (not sure what this is called), but we again pushed the nose down to gain speed then pulled back until it was flying vertical until it almost stopped, then left rudder so the aircraft turned sideways until it was facing straight down. Then pull up after a few seconds back to level flight.

I tried these manoeuvres in the Sim and the aircraft gets over-stressed every time. This is a aerobat plane, why have MS made it so fragile?

2 Likes

Sounds like it was a terrific experience :slight_smile:

1. That’s actually an aileron roll

2. Hammerhead or stall turn

3. The official limit is +6 and -3 (without the 1.5 safety factor)
    In the Asobo version the ‘hard limit’ is +6 and -4.8.
    Since you need ~4Gs for a loop or hammerhead, you shouldn’t experience structural failure.

2 Likes