JustFlight Turbo Arrow Engine failure modeled?

Hi Guys

No matter what i do i cant damage the Engine. Is Engine Damage really modeled?

Thanks

On the EFB tablet, do you have Warnings enabled? That will enable things like vapor lock, probably damage from low oil, needing to prime, etc.

I don’t know that you can blow them to hell like you can the Double Wasps in the PMDG DC-6, though.

1 Like

Yes i do. From the Manual:

“When functioning correctly, the overboost valve prevents an excessive manifold pressure when the
throttle is opened too far below 12,000ft, as indicated by the amber ‘overboost’ warning light on the
annunciator panel. If failures are enabled on the EFB, the overboost valve will sometimes stick or fail,
resulting in the risk of turbocharger overboost if the throttle isn’t correctly managed”

Makes Sense!

But the engine cannot break and cease function? Hm engine failure is always the most interesting feature.

1 Like

I have had engine failure on the Turbo Arrow. Particularly at higher elevations if you do not allow the engine to warm up and you don’t set the mixture correctly.

2 Likes

Aw this makes the Arrow a very precious plane! So the engine can break when setting the cow flaps wrong? That´s even more interesting and goes way deeper than just doing some casual overboosting.

Tomorrow I will test the new Photoshop Intel Texture BC7 DDS plugin to finally be able to complete the texture overhaul for my favorite - the Turbo Arrow IV… :slight_smile: to finally bring one of the most precious planes to the next level.

I want the flawless and beautyful Carenado Piper Arrow carpet and drive-shaft hump design under the seats when finished:

And I am almost there - finding a program that can open and save ARROW4TVC_07_NORMAL.PNG.DDS in proper BC7 Intel texture format is the last barrier to pring the beautyful Arrow to perfection!

Are there any more patches and bigger updates planned for the Arrow series? Maybe some more realism features and engine failures (like oil pressure etc.) are planned to implement similar to the PMDG Cloudmaster.

1 Like

@GamingCat2130

Today i blew my engine to Hell BUT not on purpose! I had to crash land. So yeah i would be dead now because it was shortly after take off. I couldnt gain much Altitude and below me there was just a Forrest. Honestly a really scary Situation… it teached me a Lesson for sure!

Great Aircraft!

1 Like

I was lucky then :slight_smile: Spawned on runway (don’t you hate when some airports don’t have the option to spawn next to a runway?) but thanks to state saving the engine was off. When I turned it on I noticed fluctuations in manifold pressure but I thought that it was a fault in my joystick. Still when I applied the almost full power for takeoff the fluctuations got severe and I managed to stay on the ground and still on the runway. Barely. I didn’t even know there was engine damage. I love this plane!

1 Like

Just to be clear the engine is damaged by over-boosting and it takes a few minutes to have an effect. You will gradually lose power the longer you fly.

1 Like