Kahului / PHOG

First shots from the new Kahului, Maui airport from NSS…

8 Likes

Love it. I’m collecting Hawaiian airports bit by bit. I hope more are on the horizon.

same… the NSS stuff is really good, PHNL is on the horizon from FSDT and Orbx has Honolulu city scenery in the works… :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting. Glad to see this airport. I haven’t bought any of the NSS sceneries for the smaller Hawaiian airports, but they seemed to be well done. I’ll be adding this shortly. Also glad to hear PNL is under development.

I think I have all of their Alaska and Hawaii airports - quality is consistently good across the board.

The smaller Hawaii airports are great for GA or if you like the 208 Mokulele commuter flights.

I can’t wait for PHNL… the default is… uh… lacking… and the drunk runway edge line painting :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Unfortunately my PHOG from NSS looks like this. I have tried removing, reinstalling the airport, and the whole MSFS 2020, still have the problem. Dont know what else to do.

did you try re-downloading the package from wherever you bought it from?
I’ve had to do that once or twice ( not with NSS ) but sometimes simmarket stuff takes a second try. other than that - windows updates, driver updates, usual, etc…

1 Like

I’m out running errands right now but I’ll check when I get home. If mine looks like that too - I am in daily contact with one of the NSS guys and will let them know.

The pink color means that there’s an issue with a texture if I remember correctly.

Hey, @InspiredCargo77!

Just fired up MSFS (with WU8 installed) and do a quick tour of PHOG with the Northern Sky Studios airport addon. This is what I saw:

Departing Runway 5

Overflight

So - my guess is that the issue isn’t an incompatibility with WU8 and the Airport. I would try moving (not deleting) your Community folder out of the MSFS tree, creating a blank Community folder in its place, and moving only the PHOG Airport back in. Start up the sim, load up PHOG, and see if the pink textures remain. If they don’t, there’s a possibility that two or more things from other sceneries could have conflicting GUIDs (a (supposed to be) unique identifier associated with things in the sim.)

Would you mind trying that for me please? Will be out of the house again until probably 0830Z. Please let me know if you’re still running into issues though. I will do my best to help you get them fixed.

After trying many different methods including cleaning out the community folder. I finally figured out the problem (apparently) was from a scenery I downloaded from MSFS market place. I installed each scenery then verified each time with NSS PHOG. Until I finally found a scenery that causes this to happen. I wont mention which one it is yet cause I want to be absolutely sure. I did have pink textures at 2 other airports too but not as bad as PHOG. So everything is back to normal. Thankfully. BW

1 Like

Wow. It sounds like it was a pain to go through, but I’m glad you got it sorted out!

I don’t know enough about those GUIDs to speak confidently about them, but as one of the Northern Sky folks said, that’s a likely culprit. To be honest, I’m not sure how I would go about trying to confirm a guess like that. While I would like to venture into airport design, I just don’t have the time to commit to learning stuff like Blender and then the SDK. :frowning:

Thankfully folks like Northern Sky Studio (and others like South Oak!) have interest in producing Hawai’i airports and scenery mods.

NSS’s PHOG is friggin spectacular though.

Hello all, I bought PHOG from the in-game marketplace and this is what it looks like. I emailed the developer and he suggested what other users have tried - removing the community folder and deleting other marketplace items - but with no luck. I’ve also tried deleting and re-downloading the airport a few times. I’m missing the taxiway lines and apron markings. Otherwise it’s a very beautiful airport. Anybody have any ideas?

1 Like

I’m not at my computer at the moment. Should be there in about 20 min or so and I will double-check and see if I can get in touch with Oleh (head of NSS).

Hi Latka, I did email Oleh originally and he was the one who suggested what I mentioned above. I emailed him back and let him know that the fix he suggested unfortunately didn’t work for me. I know he’s in Ukraine amidst the conflict so I’m sure this stuff is his last thought.

@xHawkeye2998 Hey Hawkeye, I’m at the computer now. If you’re free, I’d like to see if I can help you out with the missing texture issue. I’ll shoot you a DM in a sec here.

Problem solved! Oleh was able to send me a new file to try that fixed the issue. Let’s hope and pray that he and all the other innocent Ukrainians will make it out of this unnecessary war soon.

1 Like

I am so happy to hear that the the new file helped you out! Oleh said that he’s going to double-check the file versions that were uploaded to the various store fronts to make sure they’re all in agreement.

As far as the war goes, I agree 100%. It is unjustified, unneeded, and just a gross display of disregard for human life. I could go on for quite a while, but I’ll leave it there. Thinking good thoughts for every person in Ukraine.

Слава Україні! Героям слава!

1 Like

@InspiredCargo77, I wonder if you’d be willing to share which scenery you found to cause the conflict. I have the exact same issue. Oleh has been great in responding to my questions, but I think this ultimately comes down with finding that other scenery causing the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

For me removing FeelThere’s TIST (St Thomas) scenery seemed to correct this issue. There maybe other scenery that can cause this too But, this worked for me.

2 Likes

I might also mention that this scenery was bought on this MSFS marketplace so , it will not be in the community folder. It will be in the official/one store folder.

1 Like