KATL Night Lighting disappears at short distances

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
When using the premium deluxe product, KATL terminal lighting disappears at a very short distance causing terrible pop-in. Looking at other airports, it appears this is specific to each airport and how it was developed. Some have similar issues and others don’t have it at all.

Location of issue:
KATL Terminals

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Load into the sim and set the time for night. While hovering over the terminals, use the drone mode to fly away. Before you leave the immediate area of the field, you’ll notice the lights disappear entirely and the terminals go dark.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Seeing something similar (maybe it’s related?) with taxiway lighting: at the arrival airport (not during departure) each light pops up right in front of my plane (maybe 5m/15ft ahead). On the runway I missed all the (highspeed) exits, because the green lights weren’t visible.

Seems as if there’s a problem with lighting distance since SU6, which would explain your issue and mine as well.

Fixed in SU12: Release Notes - Sim Update 12 [1.31.22.0] Available Now