KDAL textures/terrain issue

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

I removed iBlue Yonder KDAL and SamScene3d and still have the issue

Brief description of the issue:

North of the airport is blurry and terrain is glitched, around rwy13l threshold. I don’t get that issue 100% of the time. Both USA world updates are installed, rolling cache is off, photogrammetry is on, 2000 Mbps when I do a speedtest.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

KDAL north of airport, rwy13l threshold

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

4090, 5800x3d, 32GB ram, fiber 2 Gbps wired

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template or providing all the relevant information about your bug and sim setup is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

No

Can’t repro. See screenshots below.

Chances are, it’s a community mod stepping on the scenery. Empty the folder, clear your rolling cache if enabled, reload the airport.

The issue is still there with an empty community folder, I also removed the Asobo DFW.

I’m not using the rolling cache, never used it.

Seems random, after enabling back all my addons the issue is now gone.

edit: and the issue is back again…

Don’t think my bandwidth is the issue
Capture d'écran 2024-03-18 230727

no

loaded 3 times and cannot reproduce

Running a speed test doesn’t really answer the question of whether the MSFS servers are able to deliver streamed textures. Speed test packets generally come from a location close to where you live, and demonstrate what your system is capable of sending and receiving . The MSFS servers are probably much more distant, and have to send data through many more switches and routers on the way to your PC. Think of the speed test as your friend from next door walking over for a visit, while the MSFS data is a friend driving in from two states away and hitting road construction every three miles. When data hits slow points en-route to your rig, there’s nothing either you or MS/Asobo can do about it.

I’m wondering if this is an issue of World Updates not correctly installed. Unfortunately, users will remove WUs out of sequence or choose not to install all of them, but some of those deferments have unintended effects.

Yes I know, it was just to avoid people telling me to check my connection (One could think it’s a Wifi issue or something else on my part)

1 Like

Just to be sure I will uninstall and reinstall both USA world updates (I just ignore the discovery flights and bush trips as I don’t really need that).

What I find weird is shouldn’t Bing photogrammetry and tiles excluded from the airport area? :thinking:

hello, i have exactly the same issue as darewell mentioned with terrain blurry before threshold rwy 13 at KDAL. rolling cache off photogrammetry ON and world update installed ! it really annoying !

I have the same blurry textures on final to runway 13L. If I choose 13R then all is good. I think it’s the MS servers that are at fault.

In case that matters, I’m in France and ISP is Orange.

No

Partial Specs & settings:
Build: SU15B v1.37.8.0
3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
i7-12700K (No overclocking), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5333).
Graphics Tab: TAA, Render resolution 1700x960 @ 125, AMD Fidelity - 150, VSync - On, FRL - 100% MRR (60 Hz), HDR10 - Off, DX12B, TLOD @ 250, OLD @ 200, Motion Blur - Off, Other settings - all Ultra
Data Tab: Data Connection: All six options - On, Data Limit - Off, Bandwidth - Unlimited, Rolling Cache - Off
Developers Tab: Developer Mode - Off
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard, plus All WUs and most MS free aircraft.
Internet Connection: Starlink to Seattle Hub Servers. Latency: 20 - 43 ms at time pictures were taken

I sent a mail to Bill Womack, he answered to me that he heard about this issue from several people. Though he was not able to reproduce the issue, he said he’ll keep try to do what he can.

Very nice from him anyway.

I still need to uninstall and reinstall both USA WU to see if it resolves the issue.

After a clean Windows 11 reinstall the issues seems to be gone, fingers crossed.

(I did not perform a W11 reinstall especially for that issue though)