KDFW Ground texture problem

The scenery in the Dallas and KDFW airport are fuzzy and parts of the airport have fuzzy uneven surfaces. I use the PC version of the simulator. Also, I have had several CTD’s in the Dallas area as well.

1 Like

I am in the latest Beta Build 1.34.10.0 and am not reproducing this issue anymore. Can others in the Beta take a look and report? Thanks!

1 Like

I dont understand this issue isnt fixed yet… it’s a bug from v1 of msfs2020

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I may have found a fix. First delete your rolling cache and then follow the steps in this YouTube video to delete your shader cache files. It fixed it for me even with photog enabled. GL

youtu.be/FkVfVDlrfgk

yes

Pretty much all of runway 18L/36R is entirely unusable. I tried landing on it and it caught the main gear and slammed me into the ground and flipped me end over end. Wasn’t DFW one of the premium upgrade airports? This is kinda saddening

Yes. I flew into KDFW 13R and damaged my aircraft hitting a gap in the ground tiles. Also, all the taxiways and runways have terrible looking textures.

Yes

Same issue, poor ground elevations, can’t cross the taxiway bridges over the main airport roadway.

I tried that and it didn’t help

1 Like

Yes - destroyed main landing gear while taxing on runway L to 17R

Textures disappeared and terrain became uneven, jolting the plane nose up and slamming the gear into the ground. Forced the flight to restart.

Didn’t capture additional screenshots due to extreme frustration

You wouldn’t happen to have both Asobo’s default KDEN and Flightbeam’s KDEN installed? You can check in Content Manager. If both are installed, you should delete Asobo’s and see if that fixes the terrain issues.

I only have the default enabled. I tried the scenery you mentioned. I made sure to delete the default but with either, the terrain is still like this. It’s on both sides of the AP.

1 Like

I have the same problem, only on Xbox series s. On-game the buildings look exactly the same, including the big excavation pit-like hole where the Central Terminal should be. My msfs version ist 1.33.8.0.

Yes

There is nothing to be added, the airport looks completely broken up

I had problems before, blurry ground and missing jet ways but just went there and all is ok, thanks!

are you on XBOX version?

No, in PC downloaded in marketplace, but I had the same problems despite my internet is 200Mb
Fortunately it is correct now

Cheers
Carlos

Has this been fixed in the latest beta?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Elevation Issues at KDEN

That’s promising! Was the terrain issue fixed as well? The textures look good in your screenshot.