Keep getting switch to offline mode

I came back to after a few months without using this sim. Fresh install this sim now i can’t even fly with bing data world graphic in vr. I keep getting switch to offline mode or internet disconnecting. My connection is perfect same as i had it before. Can’t believe this came after the latest update.

2 Likes

I’ve had this even with a good connect but still a reset might work.

I have login to my router and notice i had the DNS server to “Use These DNS Servers” now i have switch this option to “Get Automatically from ISP” . I remember not to long ago i was playing call of duty and to get better connection without lag someone recommended using specific DNS servers. I hope this was the culprit for my problem. If not then i don’t know what is. Will give it a try in a few minutes and report back.

Just tried it and still the same problem few minutes into the flight connection lost then switch to offline mode. Don’t know whats the problem now

same, send last two hours trying to load a flight. It either doesn’t load at all, or there’s no terrain. And I’m switched to offline. Something’s ■■■■■■.

Yea , i am using vr with air link don’t know if this has anything to do with my problem. But i assume either air link consume to much bandwidth or it’s something else . Trying to troubleshoot this problem its pain in the you know what lol.

Try it again without vr or airlink and still the same problem. Don’t know what Asobo did this time . But i can’t use the sim.

Changing the DNS server (Domain Name Service - „The phone book of the internet“) should not have an influence on the bandwidth („speed“) or roundtrip time („ping“ time): the DNS server is only once queried, at the very beginning of the connection („give me the IP address for foo.far.baz“).

Once the IP address is known the DNS server is not required anymore. Until the next connection is made.

So yes, selecting e.g. Google‘s public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 can make a huge difference (compared to the DNS servers of your internet provider), especially when you‘re „browsing the internet“ (a single web page alone can query a dozen or more different internet services, each requiring a DNS call.

But I would not expect a measurable impact on online games: you get connected to some Azure data centre, maybe some reconnects in between - that‘s it.

Thanks for the info but at this point i don’t know what else to do. It was working fine few months back. I choose to redownload everything fresh install. Now i can’t even use the sim.

Have you actually done a reset of the router?
Is this a wired connection?

Yup , did a reset of the router + modem , yes its wired connection.

1 Like

Try switching off the AUTO select server but instead choose the server with the least ms yourself. Worked for me. The AUTO selected server was the same as the one I selected though.

I tried that and it didn’t work.

Do you have increased LODs (terrain + buildings), it will be steaming more data in that way and might actually be struggling on your network. Could try restarting your router. Sometimes I only get 1/2 or 1/4 speeds from my router overtime until I bounce it.

Rolling cache reset maybe?

happens to me every night after 7 pm us central time. constant disconnects and connecting back. and also the ATC AI voice changes to the built in. i get some message saying issues with azure. started after SU5. my connection is fine.

1 Like

Yup everything you just describe is what is happening to me. The only difference is that it happens to me all the time.

I do have that on, I set this to 50gb so it won’t be downloading the same data in the same area I’m flying.

could also be all the time. I work all day so I can just fly at night. I’ll try to check and report back.

1 Like

I have a 400Mbps connection to my ISP.
I am FS2020 - MS Store.

Sometimes, when I shutdown and then power up, the ISP connection does not come back up.

I get the "switch to offline mode " message.
That is the only time that I get it.

I just reconnect with the ISP and FS2020 then loads.