Key bind toggle throttle reverse thrust no longer works on 787 and 747

Which aircraft are you experiencing this issue in?

Boeing 787, Boeing 747

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

with aau2, key bind toggle throtlle reverse thrust no longer engages reverses until speed has decreased under approximately 40 knots. So when you click it then increase throttle, engines go TOGA.
I’ve used that key bind for years and it still works on other aircraft.
A workaround is to use and hold hold throttle reverse thrust key bind

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

land 787 or 747, after touch down push toggle throttle reverse thrust then increase the throttle.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

AAU 2 Beta (1.33.5.0)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Bug still present in 1.33.6.0

I have the same issue on 1.33.6.0

Issue still here on 1.33.7.0

If anyone is still having this issue in the latest Live release, I found a workaround that worked for my Thrustmaster TWCS. Go into the sensitivity settings and set the Extremity Dead Zone for the throttle axis to something less that 0% (-1% worked for me). It looks like for me at least, the planes aren’t reading the throttle as back to full idle, thus preventing deployment of the reversers.

This never worked for me. I always have my lever button assigned to decrease throttle. I just hold that and the reverse thrusters kick in.

Hi, thank for the tip, i’ll try it, extremity dead zone is already set for my throttle, maybe 3 %. I’ll try to increase that value.
By the way, i also did a couple of flights with the longitude, (i had not flew with it after AAU1), and i had exactly the same problem with that aircraft…
But with the TBM, no problem

I recommend trying HOLD THROTTLE REVERSE THRUST instead of TOGGLE.

I did some tests today, went to -20% on extremity dead zone and that didn’t work for me. I’m using a saitek x52 throttle.

Hold throttle reverse works fine, but if you unfortunately release the button when you’re full reverse, you go toga…
Toggle worked fine before AAU2 for 747 and 787, and also for longitude before AAU1.

1 Like

I am having similar issue with 787

Hi, I’m on SU13 beta, and problem is solved for both aircraft

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes, same issue for 747. Will they ever fix this?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: